Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Torque Pro

This connects to a bluetooth adapter which plugs into your OBDII port on your car. I have this one

Takes loads of ECU data and allows you to check for faults etc.

My fave tool is this - the track recorder. You can record your drive with loads of dials/data shown.

You can record data of trips at well, and overlay them directly on googlemaps. (uses GPS and speed)

The device is cheaper than I thought it would be so I;ve bought it to check it out, nice one :D

Yeah, surprisingly cheap. Ace program too.

You evil evil people... stop making me buy things :p

I'm impressed with the image editing app After Focus. Will be buying the pro version for sure

original:
b9iky.jpg

No more than a minute to identify object and background with smart paint then alter filters / blur etc
OBw2j.jpg anxTE.jpg
QldcN.jpg

Just had to type that all out twice :mad: ****ing page reloaded when switching from imgur to browser :rolleyes:

Gallery looks good :) then again, the whole S3 looks good lol - I made the mistake of having a play around with a demo S3 in the tesco phone shop the other day - now, while I'm desperately waiting for my upgrade to an S2... I can't help but feel I'll be a little bit let down :( - having moved from one to the other, what's your thoughts on them both? does the S3 annihilate the S2? or does it still stand up pretty well?

S2 still holds its own rather well.

Put the extended battery on it and you're going to get decent battery life and smooth performance all round. The S3 builds on everything the S2 has to offer and gives some new features in the process with a bigger, nicer screen and better dimensions and bigger bakery still.

I'm impressed with the image editing app After Focus. Will be buying the pro version for sure

original:
b9iky.jpg

No more than a minute to identify object and background with smart paint then alter filters / blur etc
OBw2j.jpg anxTE.jpg
QldcN.jpg

Just had to type that all out twice :mad: ****ing page reloaded when switching from imgur to browser :rolleyes:

That looks great, will have to give it a shot. Thanks :)

Been having stuttering problems with Quickpic so found GalleryICS and it's perfect on the S3.

That and the built in editor with effects is a real nice bonus.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moblynx.galleryics

It's basically a more feature rich version of Samsung gallery on the s3. Expected as ICS gallery is open source.

Just checked that out quickly. It is very good that app. Similar to HTC Sense gallery regarding the editing features. That app has a few more things than the stock sense gallery, however, sense one has a few things that it doesn't have.

Unsure, which to use now, lol. Prefer sense gallery ui overall and animations etc. But I really like that app as well! :p

So if anyone wants a gallery similar to the sense one regarding the editing stuff, this is a very good app and more or less the same but with a ics ui instead.

EDIT:

Yeah going to stick with sense gallery I think. On the sense gallery when viewing a video you can take a snapshot/photo at the same time, which is a pretty big feature for me, plus you can change the speed at which the video playbacks for the slow motion videos, which is very useful as you can imagine :p I also can't use the audio enhancer effects on that gallery app :( I love the minimal UI of that gallery app though, but overall the sense UI is more functional and nice looking as well at the same time.

Last edited:
Right people, one of my mates has just got a white S3 the other day. But he wants the clock and weather widget app like on my One X and also on his lockscreen he wants the same sort of weather widget.

I dont know if anything like that exists?? or will he have to root and put a custom rom on his S3??. Anyone have any ideas??

Torque Pro

This connects to a bluetooth adapter which plugs into your OBDII port on your car. I have this one

Takes loads of ECU data and allows you to check for faults etc.

My fave tool is this - the track recorder. You can record your drive with loads of dials/data shown.

You can record data of trips at well, and overlay them directly on googlemaps. (uses GPS and speed)

You've sold it to me. Just awaiting it to arrive now. Got the app aswell, time to have a play!

Great post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom