Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very impressed by Google Navigation! Used it for the first time on the way to Richmond last night, love how it shows a green/amber/red warning for traffic.

I find it a bit hit and miss, some of its route choices seem a bit bizarre. For instance on Saturday coming back from a trip out it was showing me 55 minutes to get home, telling me to go in the opposite direction to where I knew home lay. Ignored it and took the turn I knew to be right and immedaitely the journey time dropped to 41 minutes.
It seems to have touble with some postcodes as well, on more than one occasion I have input a postcode as a destination and its navigated me to somewhere completely different.

Quick question. Can the Spotify app be moved to the SD card? I'm debating signing up for a months trial in preparation for my phone upgrade (due now) and a month of nightshifts starting tonight... but I'm currently on my Desire which has all of 26MB internal storage (or whatever it is!).

Quick question. Can the Spotify app be moved to the SD card? I'm debating signing up for a months trial in preparation for my phone upgrade (due now) and a month of nightshifts starting tonight... but I'm currently on my Desire which has all of 26MB internal storage (or whatever it is!).
Seems like the app itself cannot move to SD, not an option on my phone anyway, maybe because it has a widget. I know for sure you can save all your offline music downloads to SD card though. It's done by pressing menu before you log in.
My Spotify is taking up 7.42Mb of internal right now. Just sign up, you'll never go back ;)

Seems like the app itself cannot move to SD, not an option on my phone anyway, maybe because it has a widget. I know for sure you can save all your offline music downloads to SD card though. It's done by pressing menu before you log in.
My Spotify is taking up 7.42Mb of internal right now. Just sign up, you'll never go back ;)
Damn. Probably pointless trialling it on my Desire then. I have to clear data/caches every day to stop it from filling up :(

quick ics browser
go sms pro
gmail :p
kaloer clock
power amp or winamp
stock calendar, but if you must then the stock android calendar (APW and smooth calendar are good calendar widgets)

Cerberus anti theft for obvious reasons.

Estrongs file explorer and airdroid for managing files wirelessy between your phone and PC.

swiftkey 3 beta for keyboard.

whatsapp, just like an instant messenger, only requires an internet connection.

N64 and sega etc. ROM emulators

TV show favs for a tv calendar/widget

BS player for playing media/video files

Apex launcher to replace touchwiz launcher

qbright for adjusting brightness of the screen manually

Last edited:
Nexus18

Can you recommend any good n64 and sega emulators?

Yup :)

Gensoid (SEGA Genesis Emu) (version 2.4.3)

N64oid (N64 emulator) (version 2.7)

They are no longer on the market though, but if you have a search around on google, I am sure that you will find the .apk's ;)

And game hunter (version 1.1) is a good app in order to dll all the emulator game files :) Again you will have to search around google for an apk though.

Last edited:
Yup :)

Gensoid (SEGA Genesis Emu) (version 2.4.3)

N64oid (N64 emulator) (version 2.7)

They are no longer on the market though, but if you have a search around on google, I am sure that you will find the .apk's ;)

And game hunter (version 1.1) is a good app in order to dll all the emulator game files :) Again you will have to search around google for an apk though.

Cheers Dude !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom