Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of figured that out in the first instance so didn't twig others might be confuzzled at first, thanks!

I have found a bug in SyncMe though, it bombs out with an error saying not enough resources on the server (PC) when it starts to transfer some large files. In my instance it always bombs out when copying over GTA3 game files. I imagine it has something to do with something filling up in memory and thus stops the transfer.

I did some investigation and found that it's something on the PC though because even ES File Explorer won't connect wirelessly to my PC until I've restarted my PC.

I'm using a Realtek onboard Gigabit network card so anyone else, and has GTA3 installed on one could you do a test with SyncMe to see if it can be replicated please?

My total transfer size for the sync was about 5GB and that was internal storage. It's not a problem in SyncMe I don't think unless SyncMe is sending over weird corrupted data that my PC is not able to make out and thus kills the network sharing abilities or something...perhaps.

My total transfer was 3.76GB just now from extSD and it worked flawlessly. My GTA files only equate to circa 750MB. I can test it but there doesn't appear to be any files bigger than 12MB for GTA 3 which was my largest mp3 file....

What is the largest file you have tried?

BTW - ******* great app, thanks for pointing it out. I will be buying it I think for the wee extras :D

The only issue is it changes the "modified date" on the PC to the same as the one on the phone... No biggie TBH :)

Edit: Oh, some stats for this app:

Total file transfer - 3.76GB
Total Time taken - 1hr 15min
Total Battery used - 13% (63%-50%)

Last edited:
Maybe it could be wireless-n that's causing it then, some kind of packet overflow...I'll connect using 65G instead and run a sync to see if it happens again!

Robbie - I just synced my Nandroid image of my phone which has a single file of 650Mb and a second single file of just over 1GB (1,041MB) and it transferred fine....

My router only has b/g support

I can't tell you how happy I am to get this app :D

Last edited:
I just tried it over 54G and the same, this time I tried the SD card though:

error.png

Hmm, clearing the net caches and ipconfig /release doesn't get the PC seen as a network share from the phone but restarting the PC does.

This must have something to do with the way packets are being handled by either side's network adapters I think or perhaps NIC drivers.

Investigation continues!

Robbie - What are your settings on the app?

The reason I ask is I am wondering if you have the "Ignore symbolic links" checked or not as it states to check this if you are backing up the whole device to avoid stack overflow errors..... It may solve your issue even if you are not backing up the whole device?

I'm sure I had it checked but will rerun with it on if it's off.

I just did a transfer of all of internal storage using ES File Explorer, no problems at all so definitely SyncMe settings related somewhere. ES sent over 4.54GB in about 1hr 35mins.

This way works fine if SyncMe continues to be problematic. I can leave it running over night with ES while docked and job's done.

That option wouldn't work for me (basic transfer using ES). I take pics with the phone to transfer to PC and download music to PC to transfer to phone so the full sync option is best as it means I don't have to remember what files I need to do and do it all manually....

Do you have any non-standard ROM on the phone? Mine is a vanilla rooted S3.

Just downloaded this last night and have to say its pretty impressive but sucks that you have to buy the tables and they arent cheap either :/
They're not expensive. In Lancaster, real tables cost £1 for 5 balls.

If anything the tables are a bargain, seeing as you get unlimited free play on them.

Sold my S2 to a friend, his old iPhone 4 would only ask for a passcode to unlock it after he had not used it for 30 minutes, anytime before then it just needed the button push to unlock.

He's asking if there is an app that does this for Android?

Your PC is running low on non paged memory. Most likely reason is some memory leaking kernel mode driver. The difference between SyncMe and ES Explorer is the transfer buffer size 64K and 4K respectively. The former boosts performance up to 4 times on g routers. Why it causes Windows SMB server crash is beyond me and probably beyond Microsoft engineers as well :). It happens on 0.1% percent of PCs though.

I just tried it over 54G and the same, this time I tried the SD card though:

Hmm, clearing the net caches and ipconfig /release doesn't get the PC seen as a network share from the phone but restarting the PC does.

This must have something to do with the way packets are being handled by either side's network adapters I think or perhaps NIC drivers.

Investigation continues!

Sold my S2 to a friend, his old iPhone 4 would only ask for a passcode to unlock it after he had not used it for 30 minutes, anytime before then it just needed the button push to unlock.

He's asking if there is an app that does this for Android?

Not sire if It's HTC sense or ics but on my one s I can set the time for when thescreen locks in the security menu.

Not sire if It's HTC sense or ics but on my one s I can set the time for when thescreen locks in the security menu.

I can't on my Galaxy S3 and I don't remember being able to on the S2.

He wants to be able to push the power button to make the screen turn off, and for it to apply his lock screen after 30 minutes or so. Anytime before that pushing the power button just turns on the screen back on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom