Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offline maps is a disappointment. Too small an area as max and street level detail is poor, only caches main roads.

Whole of Jersey is 3.4mb and no smaller roads are labelled. Sucky :(

Last edited:
They still provide no means to remove old devices and the listing of every single app you've ever installed. :/

The labs map caching has gone with the inferior maps update. Great...

Exactly.... I'm resorting to finding stuff I've posted in this thread to recall apps that I've installed :rolleyes:

A list of over 300 apps, most of which weren't installed for more than a couple of minutes is so useful and easy to navigate, especially when you have to go back to the beginning every time you view one. :rolleyes: back @ you.

Use Titanium Backup to keep the apps you've installed, or use software such as appbrain to save a list of what you have installed.

Is there any way for Android to create a Phone contact for a contact imported from Facebook that can't be linked to an existing contact?

my old Nokia N900 created a phone contact and filled in the Facebook details, meaning the contact could be synch'd to Outlook, but I can't do that with my One X so I'm missing a bunch of people and their email addresses in Outlook....

A list of over 300 apps, most of which weren't installed for more than a couple of minutes is so useful and easy to navigate, especially when you have to go back to the beginning every time you view one. :rolleyes: back @ you.

Use Titanium Backup to keep the apps you've installed, or use software such as appbrain to save a list of what you have installed.

:mad:

Quick question related to apps (this was probably the best topic to put it in).

If I get a new Android phone, will I be able to get hold of all the apps that I had purchased on my Desire? Or would I have to buy them again? As far as I know, I won't be able to just take my SD card from my current Desire and plonk it into a new One X either, or am I wrong on that point?

Quick question related to apps (this was probably the best topic to put it in).

If I get a new Android phone, will I be able to get hold of all the apps that I had purchased on my Desire? Or would I have to buy them again? As far as I know, I won't be able to just take my SD card from my current Desire and plonk it into a new One X either, or am I wrong on that point?

Yes, you'll be able to download your previously purchased apps directly from the Play Store.

The One X doesn't have an SD card slot, so that might be difficult... :p

Yes, all purchased apps are tied to your Google account, not your device. So you can install them as many times as you want across as many phones/ROMs as you have (within reason).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom