Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no offline directions or navigation (or at least not for me?) and it only saves names/labels for major landmarks and main roads. Really inferior to the previous labs offline caching tool which gave you the full labels.

Just tried the offline maps and indeed no nav or directions - that's a pretty lame update.

I do seem to get the names of all the side roads, not just main roads.

Twonky beam seems alright: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pv.twonkybeam&feature=search_result
It lets you browse then send a video to the DLNA / Airplay receiver

And iMediaShare gets good reviews, only started playing with them though: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bianor.ams&feature=search_result

BTW .... I thought I'd give it a whirl and found that there's inbuilt(Samsung?) one called 'allshare' that is 'really' good.

First attempt and it streamed everything flawlessly to xbmc 11

Just tried the offline maps and indeed no nav or directions - that's a pretty lame update.

I do seem to get the names of all the side roads, not just main roads.

You're probably getting the names of side roads that are all ready cached when you've viewed an area with a data connection. Move to a part of the offline map area that you've not looked at before and they won't be there.

Does the last.fm app still require you to pay? I remember i stopped using it because they started charging, but i can't find anything about a 'subscription' on the app's market page...

If you try and start a radio station or playlist it nags you about it being subscriber only and offers to start a 50 track 'trial'.

You're probably getting the names of side roads that are all ready cached when you've viewed an area with a data connection. Move to a part of the offline map area that you've not looked at before and they won't be there.

Just checked places I've never looked before and all the side roads deffo there. Would be a total waste of a feature if that hadn't been implemented.

What apps are people using to sync to their PCs?

I've got HTC Sync Manager for my One X, but a couple of nights ago it managed to entirely screw up my contacts and calendars leaving me with three of each contact, and varying number of birthdays per contact (including some that magically became daily repeats!) on both Outlook at my phone. Took 6 hours to sort it all out manually :(

So something slightly smarter would be useful, especially if it allowed sync over wifi.

Does anyone know how to get poweramp to save my playlists to my sd card??. At the moment it seems to only save them to the internal memory. I cant see anything within the settings unless im missing something:confused:

If it makes any difference im rooted at the moment and it would make life easier for me if i could save them to my sd card in case i flash a new rom...instead of having to set up the playlists again.

Any ideas??

go to the poweramp settings and export and import. there you can export your playlists to your sd cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom