Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.
Just installed a new ROM on my HTC Legend and i am just reinstalling my apps when i notice that both cameraZOOM FX and Beautiful Widgets which i purchased during the 10p sale are now showing as costing £1.79 and £2.02 respectively. Swiftkey also has the same problem!
Has anyone ever had this problem?

Hi guys.
Just installed a new ROM on my HTC Legend and i am just reinstalling my apps when i notice that both cameraZOOM FX and Beautiful Widgets which i purchased during the 10p sale are now showing as costing £1.79 and £2.02 respectively. Swiftkey also has the same problem!

Have you checked in My Apps?

A replacement Contacts list

My old mobile had some 60-70 numbers, with landlines and mobile numbers held together, under each named contact. Export, save, import to new Galaxy Note and now separate entries for each number, no indication (under named contact) which was landline/which was mobile. Synched (I think) 2-3 days later and suddenly I have 780 entries in Contacts with Email addresses (mixed with numbers) from Years ago!

What I want is a 'simple' phone/name/number list and a separate Email list....Oh yes, and a "safe" Delete Old Contacts method, since there seems to be no straight forward method under 'Settings'.

ANY advice/recommended package information would be gratefully received. Here's hoping?

Hi guys.

Try clearing market data (settings > apps > market > clear data), wait a few mins and look again

My old mobile had some 60-70 numbers, with landlines and mobile numbers held together, under each named contact. Export, save, import to new Galaxy Note and now separate entries for each number, no indication (under named contact) which was landline/which was mobile. Synched (I think) 2-3 days later and suddenly I have 780 entries in Contacts with Email addresses (mixed with numbers) from Years ago!

What I want is a 'simple' phone/name/number list and a separate Email list....Oh yes, and a "safe" Delete Old Contacts method, since there seems to be no straight forward method under 'Settings'.

ANY advice/recommended package information would be gratefully received. Here's hoping?

Android uses the google contacts system, you can edit/burn it to the ground/mess about with import/export at http://contacts.google.com

Have you checked in My Apps?
Thats where i was looking. All the rest of them are fine. Just the ones which were 10p are now saying full price.
Try clearing market data (settings > apps > market > clear data), wait a few mins and look again
In my Application Settings i don't have a market option?

EDIT: Just checked market again and its there now saying "Purchased"

Thanks anyway guys.

Yeah been using it every now and again, really love it as well especially with this theme but tweaked to a nice black layout instead, I would prefer a simpler basic SMS app like stock sense or that one posted above though :p

Only thing that I don't like about stock sense SMS app is the white background :o :p

The ex dialer app developer is making a SMS app as well now I think, so it should be pretty good, basic app but with a few features and themes :)

Slowly gone off Go apps, especially since people on XDA have been reporting airpush ads :p

Haven't had any of those ads yet (not rooted and don't have adblock)......if/when I start getting them then it will be uninstalled immediately :p

I would still be using go launcher, if only it wasn't for the 3 dot menu button on the bottom of the screen :mad:

What are these air push ads? Sms is the only GoApp I use love the little box it brings up you receive a message and its the closest to stock ics messaging I've found on a touchwiz based ROM.

If you want pure stock ICS sms app, then this is the best there is afaik

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...W50cmljbGl2ZXJzLm1tcy5jb20uYW5kcm9pZC5tbXMiXQ

And just use this for the pop up feature

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.everythingandroid.smspopup&feature=nav_result

If it allows you to choose the directory you can save it to then you want to browse to the root, choose the folder marked "mount" then the folder marked "extSDcard" and you are then within the folder tree of the external card.

Some apps allow you to choose and some don't... the ones that don't are annoying :(

As far as i can see, it doesnt..it just gives me the option of import and export. But it doesnt allow me to choose where to import/export my playlists on poweramp. And the silly thing is that i cant see it within the android system ie the playlists so god knows where it keeps them.

I like the app but the fact that you cant import/export your playlists to an external sd card is just stupid really....hopefully they will fix it with an update sooner or later.

Last edited:
That ICS sms app that I linked above is pretty damn nice for UI, very limited features though, but if you want a nice simple SMS app not bloated with features like go and handcent then it is very good alternative :)

That ICS sms app that I linked above is pretty damn nice for UI, very limited features though, but if you want a nice simple SMS app not bloated with features like go and handcent then it is very good alternative :)

I'll take a look. I always used to use an older version of Go SMS before they added loads of ****.

On another note, anyone checked out this?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.StudioOnMars.CSPortable

Critical Strike Portable. Basically Counter Strike :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom