Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I just added an app to my home screen but when i try to move it around i get a notification saying "Desktop is locked. Unlock in settings"
I can't seem to see anywhere to unlock it?

I know its not app related but there are a lot of people who come in this thread so will get an answer hopefully!
Thanks

I really want a nice game that looks awrsome on the s3 screen! I have battleheart and that suits it really well the colours etc look great! However everytime i look at the app store its the same dtuff on offer! Are there some hidden gems or ones not on the stores top free and paid lists that you guys would recommend?

Id like something addictive :D rebuild was good, im not into angry birds etc as had them on my iphone

Cheers!

Hi guys,

I just added an app to my home screen but when i try to move it around i get a notification saying "Desktop is locked. Unlock in settings"
I can't seem to see anywhere to unlock it?

I know its not app related but there are a lot of people who come in this thread so will get an answer hopefully!
Thanks

It's locked by your launcher. If it's GO Launcher press menu then go to the next tab over and unlock.

I really want a nice game that looks awrsome on the s3 screen! I have battleheart and that suits it really well the colours etc look great! However everytime i look at the app store its the same dtuff on offer! Are there some hidden gems or ones not on the stores top free and paid lists that you guys would recommend?

Id like something addictive :D rebuild was good, im not into angry birds etc as had them on my iphone

Cheers!

ShadowGun.

Is that a third person shooter? How are the controls?

Thanks for the suggestion, any others? Id love a devent rpg but not this freemium zenonia stuff!

Yes, it's also on sale (75p?) and is arguably the best looking mobile game.

The controls are okay, about as good as you can expect from a phone.

I tried out a bunch of different browsers today for my SGS2 and finally came around to using Apex Launcher. So much better than Go Launcher. Go Launcher is slow, I often had to press my apps drawer, or other icons like the camera, two or three times before it would respond. When it does, it has an admittedly smoother transition than other launchers, almost like a fade in and fade out. But I much prefer it to be more immediate and fast which apex is.

There's half a dozen Go Launcher icons I had on my dock bars which I'd still like to use, is it possible to import Go Launcher icons to Apex so I can replace the Apex dock icons with them? I still have Go Launcher installed and these are the icons I want to use in Apex:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/merlin.five/GoLauncher.JPG

Unless Apex has some similar simplistic icons?

Also, can anyone recommend an app to replace the default ICS Contacts and Phone apps? So it has Keypad, Logs and Contacts all in one place and one icon, like it was on gingerbread? If possible, I prefer it to have a black background and white text on top like the default but I don't know if I'd have that choice? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom