Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think Apex supports icon packs. Nova does support ADW EX and Go Launcher icons though.

Alternatively, manually assign icons one by one to homescreen/dock tiles.

Tell you what, this Dead Trigger is absolutely gorgeous on my One X. Presumably any Tegra 3 device will be as good, and I'd imagine the GS3 will too. For less than a quid, it's a must try.

Not a bad game for the price, But I'd rather spend more & have the full game rather than in app purchases :/

Looks pretty neat on the SGS2 too :)

I tried out a bunch of different browsers today for my SGS2 and finally came around to using Apex Launcher. So much better than Go Launcher. Go Launcher is slow, I often had to press my apps drawer, or other icons like the camera, two or three times before it would respond. When it does, it has an admittedly smoother transition than other launchers, almost like a fade in and fade out. But I much prefer it to be more immediate and fast which apex is.

There's half a dozen Go Launcher icons I had on my dock bars which I'd still like to use, is it possible to import Go Launcher icons to Apex so I can replace the Apex dock icons with them? I still have Go Launcher installed and these are the icons I want to use in Apex:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/merlin.five/GoLauncher.JPG

Unless Apex has some similar simplistic icons?

Also, can anyone recommend an app to replace the default ICS Contacts and Phone apps? So it has Keypad, Logs and Contacts all in one place and one icon, like it was on gingerbread? If possible, I prefer it to have a black background and white text on top like the default but I don't know if I'd have that choice? Thanks.

Icon packs can be added from Apex Settings > Theme Settings.

Don't think Apex supports icon packs. Nova does support ADW EX and Go Launcher icons though.

Alternatively, manually assign icons one by one to homescreen/dock tiles.

Cheers mrk. Is Nova a decent launcher? Might still try it.

About manually assigning, I can edit the icons by holding down on them and clicking edit, but it just gives me a choice of 'use default icon' which is what it's currently using, and 'select picture' which is just whatever is in my picture gallery.

Icon packs can be added from Apex Settings > Theme Settings.

In Theme settings it says 'Default Theme' and has ticks by Icon Pack, Skin and Font. At the bottom it says 'Get More Themes' which takes me to the play store. Is that what you mean, to get more themes?

Yeah you download icons to your phone through the browser or PC and save them on the sd card or whatever then choose those PNG icons when you edit an app icon and choose from gallery.

Have the nova app drawer folders improved at all in terms of the UI when the folders are opened?

Last time I tried it, it looked ugly when a folder was opened.

Sticking with apex mainly for these reasons:

After having played with both apex and nova now, I have also ended up using apex as my primary launcher now.

- No matter what I did with the margins and grid etc. the widgets just didn't look quite right when compared to apex (using the same margins as well)
- the glow when you select a dock icon doesn't look as nice as apex either (not really an issue, but it annoys me..... :o :p)
- when activating the shortcut for qbright on nova, the widgets reload (go blank and come up saying "LOADING" every time after a brightness has been selected (not a massive issue again, as they load instantly anyway), where as with apex the homescreen just goes blank for like a milli second after you choose a brightness mode
- It is good to have the app drawers back on nova, however, it looks so bland and rather unpleasant IMO when the app drawer is opened and no where near the look of go's app drawers, hope it gets improved
- At first I thought there was a lot more features than apex, however, now I am not so sure as after looking at pro version for apex, both seem to be more or less the same, nova maybe has a few more features
- In some areas nova is more polished than apex and in other areas apex is more polished than nova (after todays update)

So pretty much, they are more or less the same from what I can see.

Last edited:
Not sure if my Chainfire 3D install is working correctly. I've got the Pro version, installed the nvidia plugin and fixed market settings but most of the tegra games are showing as incompatible. For example can anyone check if they can download Max Payne?

Dead Trigger is very very good!

Screenshot_2012-07-04-00-35-45.png

The graphics are superb and the water effects etc are very nice. Really quite impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom