Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help guys. I installed a good icon pack called Kxnt Glasklart GO Launcher EX Theme which has around 300 icons. While they're not the same as the ones I used, I'm happy with them. And I've installed exDialer and then installed an exDialer ICS Theme over the top. It works nicely and has call logs, keypad and contacts all in one.

Erm, it's like Speedball 2...? You guys should hang your heads in shame if you call yourselves gamers, but don't know what Speedball 2 is, or who the Bitmap Brothers are :p

That's like a history student not knowing who Genghis Khan is! :D

Z is one of my favourite games of all time, I want that on Android!

WIll give Apex a pop then, as long as i can make it look pretty and it runs well, im happy...all the extra "go" products were pretty good as well so will have to look for some replacements :)

Want Google Now to work on ICS? Without voice, but everything else works - traffic, weather etc.

Firstly, download http://www.mediafire.com/?u09rrb81ju6bkp7 - there's a couple floating about, but this one works for me on CM9. Some others might give you a network error on start up.

1. Rename the APK to GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
  2. Go to system/app and rename the original GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
  3. Copy in the new renamed GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
  4. Set the permissions, to the /System/App/GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk to rw-r--r--
  5. Reboot and enjoy.

Search this thread if you're having issues.

I've been looking at this. I don't care about the voice stuff, but nobody can tell me if I get all the fancy stuff it does in the background, like predicting when I'm going to work and stuff.

Does it? You make it sound like it does...

dtrigger.png

Not big at all really.

Question, I'd like to find an app that allows you to use Android's share intents dialogue to upload a file/image etc to an FTP location.

Example:

I take a screenshot, I load the screenshot in the viewer and click the share button where you get the usual Facebook/G+ etc etc. I am after an app that sits in this dialogue so that when I click it, the app will upload that screenshot to a chosen FTP directory that I can then browse to or link to from my PC later.

This kind of action saves the process of having to send the screenshot to the PC over WiFi or email then uploading via FTP via client on PC. Like I have done with the above game screenshot.

I think I smell an idea coming on if nobody has done it yet :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom