Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's almost 10% of the entire storage on the One S! :eek:

Does the S not allow you to install apps to USB storage? The S3 stores game data on the internal storage area, not app storage area, which is nice as you have 11 odd GB to play with leaving the mSD card for everything else :p

Song Pop is rather fun, but when you adjust the sound it's the ringer volume not the media volume which means I get my notifications going off and have to put it back down after playing. Same for everyone else?

Does the S not allow you to install apps to USB storage? The S3 stores game data on the internal storage area, not app storage area, which is nice as you have 11 odd GB to play with leaving the mSD card for everything else :p

What mSD card is that then? :p

Question, I'd like to find an app that allows you to use Android's share intents dialogue to upload a file/image etc to an FTP location.

Example:

I take a screenshot, I load the screenshot in the viewer and click the share button where you get the usual Facebook/G+ etc etc. I am after an app that sits in this dialogue so that when I click it, the app will upload that screenshot to a chosen FTP directory that I can then browse to or link to from my PC later.

This kind of action saves the process of having to send the screenshot to the PC over WiFi or email then uploading via FTP via client on PC. Like I have done with the above game screenshot.

I think I smell an idea coming on if nobody has done it yet :p

That's a cool idea. Not sure i would ever use it though because i just use dropbox :p but still...

Question, I'd like to find an app that allows you to use Android's share intents dialogue to upload a file/image etc to an FTP location.

Example:

I take a screenshot, I load the screenshot in the viewer and click the share button where you get the usual Facebook/G+ etc etc. I am after an app that sits in this dialogue so that when I click it, the app will upload that screenshot to a chosen FTP directory that I can then browse to or link to from my PC later.

This kind of action saves the process of having to send the screenshot to the PC over WiFi or email then uploading via FTP via client on PC. Like I have done with the above game screenshot.

I think I smell an idea coming on if nobody has done it yet :p

This exists but I don't remember the app, sure there are a number out there. It let me create a custom share action to upload to a specific directory on an FTP server (amongst other options).

You could also use Dropbox + Dropsync or the built in camera uploads for something automatic (and surely there's an ftp sync app out there too).

And yeah, you install the app on the S and it is placed on the apps storage partition (2.21 GB) and if you want you can move it to the "SD" storage where you store the photos, videos etc. (10GB)

Last edited:
Ah I knew of DropBox but I don't like online storage solutions, plus I have 300 odd GB of my own webspace to use with masses of bandwidth hence why I FTP everything I can :p

Would be interesting to know what app that was though^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom