Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any Browsers for "Jelly Bean" that have side controls like the ICS browser and full screen ?, Chrome on the Nexus 7 is pants :(

quick ics browser should be well supported on JB.

Appears not, and a lot of people aren't happy.

http://support.swiftkey.net/forums/...n-to-disable-auto-space-after-punctuation-and

Can anyone suggest another good keyboard that has a split tablet mode. I just can't use swiftkey with the double space issue.

I really like this keyboard, currently my main one:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jlsoft.inputmethod.latin.jelly.free

I now use K-9 Mail.

The basic mail client kept deleting old messages on my device which meant that looking up an old email (it's not an IMAP server) wasn't possible.

Gmail was fine - but the pop3 client didn't work well (despite setting it not to delete emails off the server, or off the device).

Apart from having to get used to it K9 seems to be a pretty solid bit of software.

relies on the stock browser also being installed

That's probably why it never worked on my phone when I had ICS installed then lol the first thing I do is delete the system apps that I never use - this includes the stock browser!!

homer-simpson-doh.gif

I now use K-9 Mail.

The basic mail client kept deleting old messages on my device which meant that looking up an old email (it's not an IMAP server) wasn't possible.

Gmail was fine - but the pop3 client didn't work well (despite setting it not to delete emails off the server, or off the device).

Apart from having to get used to it K9 seems to be a pretty solid bit of software.

I used to use that years ago? Is it still stable and updated?

BS player has had a very nice update:

Additions and improvements:
basic YouTube support
pop up video and background playback
media scanner
clear history
set audio offset
set playback speed
lock screen option
turn off subs
m3u playlist works from file manager
more setting orientation options
assign different actions to gestures and keys
sort items by name, size, date
LAN folder can be startup folder
subtitle loading form SMB shares
high performance wifi mode
external keyboard and more

Is there any way to select 2 different images for landscape and portrait wallpapers? Its a pain having to have the cross thing which limits the area in a photo you can select.

weather eye app seems broken still?

I cant get the app to display the icon in the main weather page for current weather.

The next 4 days displays all icons but the current day is missing the sun for example and only shows the temperature?

I'm still quite new to apps (android) but looking for one that acts as a spell checking and predictor (think thats the right word?) for when browsing or sending texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom