Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question

I am wanting to do a restore on my nexus 7 but have a few apps that i have paid for and was wondering how i would re instal them as the paid version? ... if i try atm it is asking me to purchase them again.

shouldn't do, any apps purchased through the play store should just show up as purchased on any android device you have your account linked to. So if you wipe your 7 when you sign into your playstore using the same account they should just be there to download

Sign into the same play store account which you purchased the apps on originally, if it's asking you to purchase again, try restarting the device. It happened to me once but restarting fixed it.

Have been playing shadowgun deadzone which can be quite fun. Probably the best android graphics and it runs so well.

Flipboard and fancy take a lot of my time too.

Also lol at browsing at native res on the nexus 10

Last edited:
Just people who like to use a different unremenberable passwords for each site...

Some people think that is more secure than other methods and are too paranoid to leave themselves logged in.

If you just want to log in easier all modrn browsers can remember passwords.

But then if someone nicks your laptop, they also nick your passwords. I wouldn't call guarding against that as paranoia.

Plus if someone somehow manages to find out your master lastpass account password, they still cant access your lastpass account if you have Google Authenticator configured, unless they pinch your phone as well. They'll also need to know the unlock password/code/patern to access your mobile too.

Last edited:
But then if someone nicks your laptop, they also nick your passwords. I wouldn't call guarding against that as paranoia.

Plus if someone somehow manages to find out your master lastpass account password, they still cant access your lastpass account if you have Google Authenticator configured, unless they pinch your phone as well. They'll also need to know the unlock password/code/patern to access your mobile too.
I guess if you don't password your laptop...

But again, most people who steal laptops or buy stolen laptops are not interested in messing about to get access to your facebook or posting on how gay you are on OCUK.

I guess if you don't password your laptop...

But again, most people who steal laptops or buy stolen laptops are not interested in messing about to get access to your facebook or posting on how gay you are on OCUK.

Maybe, but I do far more than facebook or OCUK on my machines and I'd prefer to ensure nobody can access my accounts rather than hope they can't if they got into the wrong hands.

Like you said earlier, horses for courses.

I always thought last pass was for old people. I can reel off about 6 personal passwords, my work passwords and about 5 client website passwords no problem.

The idea though, is that each site you register for has a unique password, normally gobbledegook that you wouldn't usually remember. You'll be able to remember a handful, but upwards of that and you'll struggle.

The likes of LastPass fills out these usernames and passwords automatically, so you don't need to remember them.

Personally, I use the free KeePass, which fills in details automatically on desktop Firefox and Chrome, but not on mobile (though you can copy the details to the clipboard).

The idea though, is that each site you register for has a unique password, normally gobbledegook that you wouldn't usually remember. You'll be able to remember a handful, but upwards of that and you'll struggle.

The likes of LastPass fills out these usernames and passwords automatically, so you don't need to remember them.

Personally, I use the free KeePass, which fills in details automatically on desktop Firefox and Chrome, but not on mobile (though you can copy the details to the clipboard).

Ah, that makes more sense. Cool :-)

What do you guys use for podcasts/audiobooks? I'm mostly looking for something to play through a folder of mp3's and remember exactly where it left off, even if I reboot my phone.

I have a load already, but if the app itself can acquire more through rss feeds/whatever that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom