Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
shouldn't do, any apps purchased through the play store should just show up as purchased on any android device you have your account linked to. So if you wipe your 7 when you sign into your playstore using the same account they should just be there to download

Sign into the same play store account which you purchased the apps on originally, if it's asking you to purchase again, try restarting the device. It happened to me once but restarting fixed it.

thanks, gave it a restart and all apps showed in play store.

I have an app question if anyone could help please. Does anyone use Endomondo?

I've just been on my first cycle ride. I plotted a route on the website no problem, it appeared on my phone. I selected that I was following a route, pressed start, loaded my podcast player and off I went.

After a couple of minutes I stopped to check it was working, it looked fine.

As I got back, I open Endomondo back up and it hadn't tracked anything other than when the phone was in my hand with the screen on, so start, checking and end. It thinks I rode for 2:40 and 0.4 miles :(

What have I done wrong? Did I simply somehow stop it when I checked it? Should it/does it track while the screen is off?

I recently found this which was pretty cool. It's called Call Out. When you misplace your phone on silent or something and can't find it, this app lets you text the phone and it goes off silent and rings. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.xconsulting.callout

I got it and made sure my lil sister did as well (She's always leaving hers on silent and dropping it in the couch or something)

I would have recommended Cerberus.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lsdroid.cerberus

I think one subscription would cover both phones and will do the alarm plus much much more.

I have an app question if anyone could help please. Does anyone use Endomondo?

I've just been on my first cycle ride. I plotted a route on the website no problem, it appeared on my phone. I selected that I was following a route, pressed start, loaded my podcast player and off I went.

After a couple of minutes I stopped to check it was working, it looked fine.

As I got back, I open Endomondo back up and it hadn't tracked anything other than when the phone was in my hand with the screen on, so start, checking and end. It thinks I rode for 2:40 and 0.4 miles :(

What have I done wrong? Did I simply somehow stop it when I checked it? Should it/does it track while the screen is off?

I use Endomondo. It may have been that you pressed stop by accident but who knows. A couple of times it has failed to record a track properly but that happens very rarely.

The app records the track with the screen off no problem. The easiest way to tell is to put on the audio coach so it will tell you your stats every mile. Then you know if it has stopped.

As stated, it has happened about twice in my 100+ activities so try it again and see what happens.

Edit: +1 for Cerberus. 5 licences it has for personal use and does a lot more than make your phone go loud.

Anyone having problems with simple calendar widget? It keeps losing my g tasks list until I click into it and back out? Since my Jellybean upgrade..

Hey,

I need an app that allows better automation over the network settings would be great:
  • Automatically disable 3G when connected to a WiFi network
  • Automatically move to another WiFi network when connected to one with a weak signal (Android does this, but is not aggressive enough)
  • Automatic login to certain public WiFi schemes (if this is possible)
Does such an app exist please? :D

Cheers,

Su

Just unlocked this beast in NFS:

2qmnkw3.jpg

34j27td.jpg

Great game!

Hey,

I need an app that allows better automation over the network settings would be great:
  • Automatically disable 3G when connected to a WiFi network
  • Automatically move to another WiFi network when connected to one with a weak signal (Android does this, but is not aggressive enough)
  • Automatic login to certain public WiFi schemes (if this is possible)
Does such an app exist please? :D

Cheers,

Su

iirc tasker can do this sort of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom