Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I can think of where it would be useful for me personally is sending URLs from desktop to phone or the other way. Since I don't use Chrome on either and only use Firefox on my desktop there's no easy way to send links over so I find myself browsing XDA on the desktop and seeing a ROM or app or something I want to download, so then I end up just browsing to the link on my phone to download it.

So I guess it'd be useful for me then, but those odd times when I see a ROM or something on the desktop aren't really enough to bother downloading an app for.

Like you say other files and stuff are easy to get onto the phone from the phone so I wouldn't use it for that.

The only reason I can think of where it would be useful for me personally is sending URLs from desktop to phone or the other way. Since I don't use Chrome on either and only use Firefox on my desktop there's no easy way to send links over so I find myself browsing XDA on the desktop and seeing a ROM or app or something I want to download, so then I end up just browsing to the link on my phone to download it.

FoxToPhone

;)

It doesn't matter what browser you use on your phone, once the link is sent it will launch using what ever browser you have installed on your phone and if you have more than 1 browser installed then you get a pop up box asking which one to use :)

Last edited:
It would be great if I could find something which goes the other way. For example, I find a link on Twitter on the phone that I want to explore, but for whatever reason I want to view it on my desktop.

At the moment I just copy and paste the URL into Evernote and then sync. There's got to be something easier.

Last edited:
is nova launcher really the best? i'm finding so so so many features missing that go has, can't even be bothered to name them all there's just so many, but none extra that nova this has to offer, plus nova is paid for where as go is free.

go announcements etc annoy me but at least it offers so much more. before i put go on my nexus 4 please convince me to try something new

Thanks for that! Been getting a bit sick of the original! this should freshen things up a little :)

While I'm here, might I suggest Trial Xtreme 3

It's like a hybrid of Bike Race and Granny Smith (without the thief and the apples though)

Graphics are pretty good and though the physics aren't spectacular they're perfectly playable :) I really like it at the moment

Although be warned, it's an absolute battery slayer!!! Over 7 hours of phone-on-time, that game took up 30% of battery use over ~25 minutes of play time!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom