Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdAway is the best ad-blocker I've tried on Android. Are you sure you enabled it after downloading?

yeah definitely enabled, maybe just doesnt block ads in this app. If you want to do me a favour and test it you coud download the guess the movie app, its a good app anyway so worth a go for anyone into movies.

But after every 2 or 3 that you guess it opens up an advert.

Oh I see what you mean... yeah those kind of ads are a total PITA! Can't block those I'm afraid :( I get the same problem with Subway Surfers - annoying, but at least they're easy to click off, not like you have to watch a ten minute advert clip before you can click it off :)

Be thankful for small mercies lol

Guys,

When i go into Settings -> Apps -> All i notice there's apps on there which i dont use...apps which are part of android.

Apps Like:

Sound Recorder
Picasa Uploader
Phase Beam
Photos Screensavers
Market Feedback Agent
Magic Smoke Wallper
TalkBack
talk
Movie Studio
GooManager
Google+
Google Search
Currents............etc

I dont use any of these.
Can these be uninstalled or disabled without screwing up my phone?

Guys,

When i go into Settings -> Apps -> All i notice there's apps on there which i dont use...apps which are part of android.

Apps Like:

Sound Recorder
Picasa Uploader
Phase Beam
Photos Screensavers
Market Feedback Agent
Magic Smoke Wallper
TalkBack
talk
Movie Studio
GooManager
Google+
Google Search
Currents............etc

I dont use any of these.
Can these be uninstalled or disabled without screwing up my phone?

Yep, if you're rooted. I've disabled/deleted so many system apps from my S3 before and it was still stable :)

The only one of those I'd say not to delete is "Market Feedback Agent" as I don't know what it is and it might break the Play store :p.

The rest you can delete though. "TalkBack" is the thing that reads stuff to you, so deleting that will stop that from working (I only mention this one as it's the only other non-obvious one, although thinking about it the name is pretty obvious :shrug::p).

Edit: I'll just add that now that Android lets you disable system apps that it's probably best to do that first to make sure everything still works. Some like "Email" can't be disabled though so I just delete it :).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom