Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of Swype/Flow etc, much prefer typing normally.

Anyone found a way of making Swiftkey the default keyboard on boot on JellyBean? It always goes to the Samsung keyboard because of where JellyBean stores paid apps now :(.

Might just try this tomorrow and see if I can get it to work that way if no one else knows another way.

Got bored so decided to get the qualcomm battery app. Was wondering if you have Facebook and email set to 'based on how you use it', do you think it will stop emails and notifications pinging through?

No problem :)

It most certainly is! One of my most used apps, never have to plug my phone into the PC now (unless transferring more than 500MB of files), transfer photos, apps, icons, wallpapers etc. etc. from my PC to phone or vice versa using that app :cool:

mrk did a good video on it:

And yup airdroid is another good alternative.

I don't want to transfer files guy's. I want to explore and play files from my pc without downloading it. So is es file explorer the right app?

I use airdroid to transfer files wirelessly instead of using a cable but not to actually strange video's etc. Can airdroid do that now?

Yup you can explore files and select any films/music, which then "streams" to your phone, can choose what player you want to use to.

With airdroid, you can't do that afaik.

I don't want to transfer files guy's. I want to explore and play files from my pc without downloading it. So is es file explorer the right app?

I use airdroid to transfer files wirelessly instead of using a cable but not to actually strange video's etc. Can airdroid do that now?

As long as you have SMB sharing set up on your PC you can explore those directories and play files directly from there with any number of file explorers like es file explorer and anttek.

For video I personally use Bubble UPNP on the tablet and Serviio to serve up the files. I have a lot of high bitrate 1080p which for some reason will not stream over SMB, works fine with serviio DNLA. Instant seeking too.

Had an interesting one, syncing at stopped for my email accounts which was doing my nut in :) I was blaming the Qualcom battery tool however the solution turned out to be more straight forward.

In settings->data usage then menu button and make sure auto sync data is ticked, for some reason mine had turned off!!

I think it was more likely green guru (name?) that I had on before. So far really don't have any comment re the Battery app - but the phone is working as it should :)

Ah :).

If you've only just installed the Qualcomm one it says it doesn't actually change anything for 2-4 days or something iirc, so you won't notice any difference until then :).

Last edited:
My qualcomm battery app stopped "learning" last night and has now implemented battery saving features so will be interesting to see how it does. Was learning for about 2 days.

Mines gonna have a heck of a time figuring out my habits. I've just finished a week of nightshifts, doing a stupid-early shift tomorrow, then weekend (sleep) then late day shifts next week :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom