Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Orcvader said:
Glovebox: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.fb.glovebox

Brings the app list from Ubuntu mobile to your Android device
, my mulitasking skills has just got better .

Combine this with LMT launcher as well and you don't even need buttons anymore .

Excellent little app that is just tried the free version and works very well.

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

A colleague of mine is having a mare with her WiFi and GS3. At home, she says it keeps automatically connecting to some nearby BT network. As a result she can't connect to her own home network. I have done 'forget network' in her WiFi settings but can't see that being a permanent solution. Is there a way to block networks permanently? Preferably without rooting etc as I doubt she wants me doing that to her phone.

Two Things to check...

1, Does she have the BT-FON/Wi-Fi app installed on the phone for when she's roaming for BT Hotspots?, If so the App has a habit of ignoring your own BT Home Hub login and connects to the FON login instead!!... So Disable the App and only use it when needed!!

2, Is she on Vodafone?, Does she have the 'My Vodafone' app installed?? you need to go into the 'Wi-Fi Finder' settings and untick the "Enable BT Openzone..." tick box. It annoyingly does the same as the BT app does!!

Otherwise I dunno why it' might be doing it!!

She is with Virgin so can't be a Vodafone app - will check to see if there is something similar.

EDIT - No Vodafone or BT app installed.

Last edited:
Dissable the App in it's settings (should be an option), and only turn it on when near a BT hotspot that she wants to use!!

It's been reported to BT on a number of occasions, but they don't seem to care!! (more iclone's at BT than Androids!! ;) )

Hey guys.

Can anyone spec me a really good RPG style game for my nexus 4? Need something to sink my time into whilst commuting! Any other style of games are welcome as long as they are good!

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom