Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
My qualcomm battery app stopped "learning" last night and has now implemented battery saving features so will be interesting to see how it does. Was learning for about 2 days.

Agreed that is where mine is - waiting for it to now report on the efficiency or otherwise :)

Now a "dark" version of google play music!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2140756

Some of google decisions for the design/layout of some parts of their stock android app layout are really stupid

- the way they have either white or black/holo, grey or blue colour shemes in their apps i.e. dialer is the holo theme (black and blue), SMS and calendar is white, music is blue and the clock/alarm app is grey
- the layout, the 3 dot menu button is either on the bottom or the top i.e. for the google play and calendar app, it is on the top right, for clock/alarm and messaging app it is on the bottom

Wish they would sort it out! :mad: :p

Now a "dark" version of google play music!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2140756

Some of google decisions for the design/layout of some parts of their stock android app layout are really stupid

- the way they have either white or black/holo, grey or blue colour shemes in their apps i.e. dialer is the holo theme (black and blue), SMS and calendar is white, music is blue and the clock/alarm app is grey
- the layout, the 3 dot menu button is either on the bottom or the top i.e. for the google play and calendar app, it is on the top right, for clock/alarm and messaging app it is on the bottom

Wish they would sort it out! :mad: :p

You need to tell Google this as they depend on peeps like you to help them improve their service(s).

Haven't looked into it in much detail but have found since installing the snapdragon battery thingy that pretty much all my syncs have been disabled and wifi doesnt seem to be scanning properly. Annoying.

By the sounds of it it works out where you use wifi, so I guess it'll turn it off at all other times. To be honest I don't hold out much hope because all of us know what we're doing as far as battery life goes.

Beyond switching off data/wifi when not using it, reducing screen brightness and having less sync cycles there's not really anything else some app can do. Amiright? :)

Beyond switching off data/wifi when not using it, reducing screen brightness and having less sync cycles there's not really anything else some app can do. Amiright? :)

Bingo.

I use juice defender purely to automate wifi/3g and screen brightness, does the job alright and i get a solid days' use out of my phone, which is all I need.

e: I also get it to disable net connection when playing games too, as you really don't need it for most games and I don't want messages/emails bothering me when I'm playing :p

By the sounds of it it works out where you use wifi, so I guess it'll turn it off at all other times.

So long as it you don't actually have a wifi connection, then fair enough, but if it's a case of 'turn it off as I'm not actively using it', don't. Using 3g rather than wifi for the phone sending or receiving data uses much more battery than wifi, or it did a year or so back anyway.

Personally I find wifi uses sod all power even when wandering around town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom