Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had those issues as using on a tablet but Firefox is still not as responsive and fast as AOSP... I follow the firefox nightly builds and had those extra features for some time.

Chrome beta keeps getting better too, it is waaay better than standard chrome now :)

is there any point using this if you already have battery guru?

which do people think is better?

can they run in harmony or will that defeat the purpose by having 2 apps running constantly eating battery?

I'm not running Battery Guru as all it does is manage your sync. But I think you can run Greenify in parallel.

I highly rate Greenify because you can hibernates apps like Playstore, Play service, Maps, Google Now and stops them from waking up my device.

I'm not running Battery Guru as all it does is manage your sync. But I think you can run Greenify in parallel.

I highly rate Greenify because you can hibernates apps like Playstore, Play service, Maps, Google Now and stops them from waking up my device.

How do you use Greenify with Maps, Google now etc? When I try it says it can't greenify system apps

How do you use Greenify with Maps, Google now etc? When I try it says it can't greenify system apps

Is Greenifying an app mean it effectively freezes it in between uses? Titanium Backup can effectively do this with a Widget. (From around 6:30 in the video)

I like that it takes one press to unfreeze and open, but wont re-freeze it until the second press, so if I want to leave Maps reporting my location for a while (I do use Latitude with family and friends) than I can do so.

I don't like that I need to open the app drawer to open the app when it's already unfrozen. If the widget allowed swipe up to open again, rather than re-freeze then I guess it would be ideal.

Is Greenifying an app mean it effectively freezes it in between uses? Titanium Backup can effectively do this with a Widget. (From around 6:30 in the video)

I like that it takes one press to unfreeze and open, but wont re-freeze it until the second press, so if I want to leave Maps reporting my location for a while (I do use Latitude with family and friends) than I can do so.

I don't like that I need to open the app drawer to open the app when it's already unfrozen. If the widget allowed swipe up to open again, rather than re-freeze then I guess it would be ideal.

Yes I think that's essentially what it does. Didn't know about the Titanium Backup method, looks good but I wouldn't use it due to needing a widget :p

I've converted Maps and Play to user apps using Titanium, and "greenified" them. But not having much luck with Google Now, it still says I can't do it due to it being a system after, even after converting.

Freezing is the same as disabling, and Greenify doesn't disable apps. It puts them into some sort of suspended hibernation.

The app gets put into hibernation soon after you turn the screen off. It'd be good if someone actually investigated what it's actually doing to the app.

Hi,

as there are now 481 pages in this thread it might take me while to stumable over the information I need LOL !

I have a HTC Desire S and want to know what is the best web browser App than the default one load onto the Desire S ?

Also when I am browsing on the web and a web page does not seem to load properly the phone then loads O2 ( O2 is my mobile cintract provider ) WAP page ! ! ! ! !

Why does it do this ! ?

So the icon in app drawer is the only difference? Sounds handy, but as I mention above, I think I prefer the way I have mine set with TB. Some might be better with Greenify, maybe G+, others perhaps not (Pocket for example, isn't really an app you run, it's an app you share to. It needs to be able to stay active while I run other apps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom