Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to use the "Top Contacts" widget you get on Xperia phones when using another launcher??

I've done a factory reset today and for some reason its not showing up as an available widget while I'm using Nova launcher!?!? I'm certain it was working before I did the reset!!!!

Any ideas???

From what I remember with my Xperia Arc, you can't use any of the Somy Widgets in any other Launcher!... I had Apex and couldn't use the Walkman or Contacts widget!.

From what I remember with my Xperia Arc, you can't use any of the Somy Widgets in any other Launcher!... I had Apex and couldn't use the Walkman or Contacts widget!.

Well I installed Nova a few days ago and it definitely let meinstall Top Contacts!?!?

The other thing is even within the stock launcher the widget itself doesn't seem to have the little "settings" icon enabling me to manage who does and does not show up, so now I have no way of selecting who is shown!?!?

I'm guessing it might be something to do with the Jelly Bean update maybe???

Real Racing 3

Why would it need this in the permissions:
Phone calls
read phone status and identity
Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.

Real Racing 3

Why would it need this in the permissions:
Phone calls
read phone status and identity
Allows the app to access the phone features of the device. This permission allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.

So that it can pause the game when you get a phone call, I assume that all of that is one permission and that it doesn't use any of the other features :).

Was wondering if RR3 would come to Android anytime soon... :)

This app is incompatible with all of your devices. :(

**** off.

Oh wait, now my N10 is compatible:

Seems the one linked above is not for us. This one installs ok for UK

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.games.r3_row

I'll be playing the ass off this when I get home. Can anyone tell me if it is one of those games that downloads the extra data straight after install or do you have to start the download within the app? Want to know if I'll be able to pick up and play when I get home.

Edit: Can someone post some screenshots of the actual game? Does it have a replay mode?

Edit 2:

UK Android users get shafted as Real Racing 3 IAPs cost up to £25 more on Google Play than on the App Store

Last edited:
Was wondering if RR3 would come to Android anytime soon... :)

Thanks Skyfall! I'm just installing it now on my Note II, never knew it was already out.

I'll try to take a screen shot for you and check if it replays the lap after the race.

EDIT: I don't see a replay feature unfortunately. Graphics are very impressive!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom