Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone use a petrol logging app? Just bought a new car and would like to know how much it's costing me to run.

I've downloaded a few to try out but non of them work out the mpg in a way that makes sense. Meaning they'll use the difference from the current odo reading at the point of fill up and the previous odo reading to calculate the mpg based on the amount of fuel just put in the car. So if my previous fill up was for £60, and the latest was £30, the mpg it states is around double what it should be.

I can work around it, by logging the previous fill up cost at the latest fill up odo, but i'd like something that does the work for me.

Why is fb on android so crap!!!
Sometimes it just doesn't update and says no internet connection when i have!!!
What a load of turd!!!

Unfortunately it's a known problem. Facebook are a bunch of Apple fanboys and throw all their time and resources into the iPhone app, then just throw summit together for us Android people and hope it works.

There is a report going about that Facebook are updating outside the Play Store, which is against Googles rules!!! I saw it over on Android central.

Now F1 is back, what apps do folks use to follow the action on race day?

I'm getting back into it in the last year and I'm considering the highly overpriced official app. Thoughts?
Whoa I purposely haven't gone onto BBC and Facebook so I don't hear the qually results. I'll watch the BBC highlights later.

As soon as I saw the start of your post I though "oh damn, someone's posted the results here".

I'd too be interested in an app, although I hope to watch most of the races live.

For me the app would be to be used when the race is actually on. If I don't see it live, I'll probably record it and wouldn't be able to use the app with it anyway. This is part of my concern, would I see enough of the races live to make the £24 worth while. (Yes, £24!!!)

I wouldn't post a spoiler... but... what should I say and what shouldn't I? I guess I'll say nothing, but you'll perhaps understand when you see.

Hehe, pls don't say anything :-). Btw I remember someone posting a cool unofficial F1 app a while back. Called "F1 24" something something. Pretty sure it had "24" in its name.

I'm too scared to look it up at the mo :-).

Any free android apps that allow you to sync all your sms messages and contacts from phone to tablet over wifi and allow you to send SMS from the tablet? I've tried mightytext but it doesn't sync messages.

-edit- tried out the limited free options but limited success. Tablet Talk was only £1.49 and works a treat.

Last edited:
Dunno why but whenever i buy an app on the website it never downloads to my device. I have to go to play store app, find the app, click buy to get the 'you already own this app' popup, then click install.

Tedious.

^ that failed to install twice in a row so i gave up and refunded rather than risk wasting a whole £1.29 :p shame as i quite wanted it for train entertainment.. guess i'll have to stick to mythbusters

Last edited:
Walking Dead Yourself!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...WN0di50aGV3YWxraW5nZGVhZC5kZWFkeW91cnNlbGYiXQ..

The app page shows a pretty rubbish demo image, but I gave it a go and produced this in a few seconds:

8563702412_8e33734330_o.jpg

Think it's pretty good to be honest. Give it a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom