Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would people recommend as potential Google Reader replacements? I keep seeing names like Pulse, Flipboard, News360 and a couple of others I can't recall offhand. Only use a few feeds so don't care if I can't sync/import from Reader, easy enough to set them up from scratch again.

Pulse is great. I see a lot of love for Flipboard also, but I just can't get on with it - Seem's a lot of effort, just to get a bit of news. :p

Thank you for the podcast tips. I've been using BeyondPod for almost a month and it's good but I have my issues and it sounds like Pocket Casts may be the alternative I was after.

Hi, I would like to put videos on a Nexus 7.
I have ripped some DVD films on my PC hard drive.
So what format from DIVX to I have to convert the film to ?
I have loaded MX Media player for playing the finished format on the Nexus 7. To transfer the films I have the special USB to Micro USB cable to upload films from a USM stick.

Another vote for BS Player. Purely on the basis that I've ripped my BluRay with multiple subtitle languages and DTS 5.1 audio which cannot play on VLC/MK/stock video players. BS Player handled it like a boss.

I want to be able to access the SD card from my phone whilst it's plugged into the PC via USB and SD card is accessible also from PC. I'm sure I could do this with the multi-mount SD app before but I've installed the latest version and it keeps crashing. Any alternatives?

I want to be able to access the SD card from my phone whilst it's plugged into the PC via USB and SD card is accessible also from PC. I'm sure I could do this with the multi-mount SD app before but I've installed the latest version and it keeps crashing. Any alternatives?

What phone? If it uses MTP then it should do this by default.

probably doesn't have mtp, does it come up with a message saying connect via usb or something on screen when connected to pc?

I've just looked in the wireless & network settings and can't see usb utilities or option to change to mtp. Yes, when I connect the cable, I can choose the option between 'Charge Only' and 'Disk Drive'.

Also tried Dual Mount SD Widget but that keeps force closing for some reason.

(I'm running an old 2.3.5 based ROM)

So what would people recommend as potential Google Reader replacements? I keep seeing names like Pulse, Flipboard, News360 and a couple of others I can't recall offhand. Only use a few feeds so don't care if I can't sync/import from Reader, easy enough to set them up from scratch again.

I've been using Pulse for over a year now and absolutely love it.

I've been using Pulse for over a year now and absolutely love it.
I remember trying Pulse briefly but didnt like it for some reason. I use Currents. Does everything I want but I wish you could set when it syncs (so it can update before I get on the tube in the morning, and before I leave work to come home!)

Went looking for it myself after seeing it mentioned a few times in this thread. Google Play website says 'This item cannot be installed in your device's country.'
I always found Snowstorm to not be very accurate. I've swapped to 1Weather which seems much more accurate. That said I only use the widget because the actual app runs really bad when you load it up -- even on my One S!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom