Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two questions:

1. Anti-virus software. Is this recommended/necessary?

2. Rooting my phone. I see a lot of chat about this, why might it be worthwhile? I believe things like tracking software and ad-block will work better. My reservations would be two-fold. Firstly I have a Note II and I am pretty happy with Samsungs software, particularly with regard to S-pen lmplimitation, and therefore I wouldnt want to overwrite that. secondly some apps, such as the sky sports app wont work if you have root. Is there any way round this or is it easy to switch between root and non root?

1) nope.

2) Might be, depends on your own requirements. You believe right. Rooting doesn't mean you will lose apps, think of it as having admin over a windows machine. Sky sports has no workaround afaik.

Hi guys,

I have just been sent a 300+ page book and there is a few pages within that have crosswords etc in and I was just wondering is there an app that I can download that would allow me to open this PDF and be able to fill these bits in but then when I move to the next page it will save my writing?

Thanks

1) nope.

2) Might be, depends on your own requirements. You believe right. Rooting doesn't mean you will lose apps, think of it as having admin over a windows machine. Sky sports has no workaround afaik.

how easy would it be to switch from root status to non root. I am just thinking of the sKy sports app and whether it would be practical to switch back and forth.

edit:

that weather app is pretty good so far, nice widget and layout :) Will have to monitor how accurate it is but so far it is right!

I have found weatherbug to be the most accurate but the UI is awful and I hate all the other big weather apps out there as they have horrible UI/layout and are bloated.

Last edited:
Yup, the widget is very nice, minimal but informative, just the way I like it :cool:

In app, it isn't too bad, layout isn't as nice as eye in the sky and it is a bit bloated compared to EITS and snowstorm but it is nowhere as bad as the big weather apps :p :o Just needs a bit better UI/layout

Noticed no slowdowns on my S :confused:, fast and smooth.

Can anyone recommend a recent Auto Wifi on/off program based on your location? Not fussed about massive customisation like Llama, just something that does that one job.

LLama I think is the best on the market, I used to use one of the greenify things but Llama was significantly better.

Llama is actually pretty simple compared to alternatives :/

Quick switching between root/non-root, well eyonix abuse allowed it but that's patched on SGS3's now, I don't know if this is really possible anymore.

Looking for a app that will let me upload a picture I've taken on my phone and be able to give me the img address so I can paste it into img img here.

At the moment I'm emailing them to myself to reduce the size then up loading to twobeds and copy paste the url. Long winded.

Like flickr is on a desktop but the mobile app I can't find the image tags for forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom