Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 thanks toasteh, I've been trying to make dropbox give me the same link in the app that it gives me on the desktop version but it doesn't and I can never img tag my screenshots

That, will make life a lot easier :) (and probably make dropbox redundant lol)

Xmarks, but the Dolphin-specific plugin was always a bit crap for me (it ended up with bookmarks everywhere but where they should have been), but this was at least a year ago now, so I assume it has improved. The Chrome (desktop) plugin has always worked flawlessly.

Still, now I just use the Xmarks app and launch bookmarks from there.

It's £24 in Google Play, so I thought I'd make a video so people can see what they would get for their money...

I'm just hoping YouTube don't take it down, they seem quite aggressive when it comes to F1 content.

^^ My gf's stepdad would love that app, if he had a tab or a smart phone, I'll get her to show him it could cause a big wallet opening for him.

Also, it's one of those the more you think about it, more races you miss and it becomes even worse value!

I would have thought £10 would have been a better price point for them. Still one of the more expensive apps, but I think sales would be a lot more.

Andy, you mentioned 'loading' previous sessions, that would make it far more useful to me as I don't always get to watch the races live, any more info on that? Is it a case of load the session and press 'play' to start the thing going as if it was live?

I'm one of the 'hardcore' F1 fans, watch the pre-season test, practice sessions etc etc, if I can't watch it live I will record it and watch it as soon as possible. I've been tempted by the app before but not quite got around to it...

Andy, you mentioned 'loading' previous sessions, that would make it far more useful to me as I don't always get to watch the races live, any more info on that? Is it a case of load the session and press 'play' to start the thing going as if it was live?

I'm one of the 'hardcore' F1 fans, watch the pre-season test, practice sessions etc etc, if I can't watch it live I will record it and watch it as soon as possible. I've been tempted by the app before but not quite got around to it...

I'm watching the Malaysian playback now which I presume happened this weekend?

I'll try and add some text to the video to explain. When I open the app now, it says 'The Malaysian Grand Prix is available to download, would you like to do so?' or something along those lines. I say yes, it downloads a 5 meg file. I can then simply 'play' it or jump to a certain lap.

This is probably enough to make me pay the money tbh. Last year several times I couldn't watch live, but I don't enjoy as much unless I can be looking up lap times and positions when I want to know them, not when they want to show me.

I'll try and add some text to the video to explain. When I open the app now, it says 'The Malaysian Grand Prix is available to download, would you like to do so?' or something along those lines. I say yes, it downloads a 5 meg file. I can then simply 'play' it or jump to a certain lap.

What I didn't get looking at the playback of Malaysia was that Vet (Vettel!) would be way in front of the track and then he'd come to a corner where he would slow down to walking pace until every body catches him and then takes off again!!
Is this a fault of the app or is that what he does?

It does this in the app while I was watching. You can even see on my video above, there's a point where I'm saying why are they all bunched up and then Webber appears in the pits, then they all bound down the track again.

So, no, it's not totally smooth 100% of the time, but considering it's tracking 22 cars doing up to 200mph, I think it works pretty well :) When Button came out of the pits after the disaster for example, it was handy to get a real idea of where he was (which was right behind the leaders, but a lap back! :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom