Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally love Waze as a sat nav tool, community run navigator which will alert you of accidents/hazards/cameras etc as well as allow you todo the same. Navigator also works on traffic conditions to work the best route.

I have a good car sat nav but use this now instead :)

I'm a big Google Navigation fan, but used Waze on my holiday in the US and it worked great. The accuracy of police cars, broken down cars and such was amazing. I've not really tried it over here to know if the Waze community is big enough to keep it accurate.

It does this in the app while I was watching. You can even see on my video above, there's a point where I'm saying why are they all bunched up and then Webber appears in the pits, then they all bound down the track again.

So, no, it's not totally smooth 100% of the time, but considering it's tracking 22 cars doing up to 200mph, I think it works pretty well :) When Button came out of the pits after the disaster for example, it was handy to get a real idea of where he was (which was right behind the leaders, but a lap back! :( )

Thanks

Does google maps work well enough as a sat nav or is there any better 'free' alternatives ?.

This looks decent
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.telmap.navigator.ukd2c&hl=en

Try this -
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alk.copilot.mapviewer&feature=search_result

These are some best app to download on the Android phone..
SportPal
MyBackupPro
Robo defence
Shazam
SMS Popup
Wapedia
AppMonster
Astro
Spotify
K9 Mail
Aura
cab4me
Currency Converter
eBuddy
Facebook
Google Sky Map

I'm down South and usually can see around 10 other Wazer's in my map area on the screen. Things like the actual locations of the M25 cameras was pretty impressive but yes it is building up and is a an excellent nav tool as well. The ability to message the wife i'm on my way home and she can track is good. I did think it will work great if you are late for work and letting the boss know :)

Well worth trying and building up the community as well.

I also started playing with the map editor - just wow!

https://world.waze.com/livemap/

Does anyone have a link to an Idiot's Guide to rooting/custom rom for SG Note 2? I think I have done everything correctly, but want to be sure before going for a different rom. I used Odin...

Does anyone have a link to an Idiot's Guide to rooting/custom rom for SG Note 2? I think I have done everything correctly, but want to be sure before going for a different rom. I used Odin...

The truly idiots guides are on YouTube not xda, IMHO, I spend a lot of time on xda so that's not a dis.

The truly idiots guides are on YouTube not xda, IMHO, I spend a lot of time on xda so that's not a dis.

Will have a sniff about - I'm fairly confident with tech, (plenty of ios jailbreaks under my belt), but new to android and the associated jargon.
Any links (however derp) would be appreciated. I'd like to give Cyanogen a try...

Initially very excited but fear it'll get played twice, realise fond childhood gaming memories are best left alone and then uninstalled like so many other Retro games. Apart from street fighter 2 ofc :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom