Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the stock note 2, running everything as it came from EE.
Is there a backup program available which will backup the apps and any data associated with it?
I need to send my phone back on warranty, but i want to keep all my hard work on my games saved :)

Ive not tried waze mate.
I like the way google maps/nav syncs what i search on maps desktop and mobile so my searches are always there. Plus Ive used google loads and it has not let me down yet.

Good call, yes the ability to find a place on Google on the desktop and shoot it over to the phone is nice.

I would give Waze a go, it's free, for me it makes navigation a bit more interesting - I have a car sat nav but now use waze over this and have it on always when driving. If you try it you will see what I mean - cute app

When i had an iPhone i would have loads of apps but would never use 90% of them! I use to have folders full of apps and i had something like 30 games which i never played on after day 1.

With the Nexus i have streamlined. I know people say that iOS has more apps than Android a blah blah blah but that suits me fine. Android has all the most popular apps that i use so I've not been left wanting.

I have 61 apps installed (including system apps).
If you take away the Google and System app i have some 40 odd apps. Of those 40 i would say 10 are to do with the looks and ones that enhance the phone (Vibration Notifier, LED Blinker, Llama, AdAway, Minimilistic Text, AVG etc). These apps just run themselves once set up so i only use them the one time to configure and then i don't launch them again.

I have a 16Gb Nexus which i thought might not have been enough coming from a 32Gb iPhone but honestly I'm struggling to fill it.

Currently i have 8.5Gb Free! The bulk of this is Google Music where i have downloaded and stored locally my fav music for offline listening.

The photos i take are automatically uploaded to DropBox and then i just delete the ones i don't want/need from the phone. Majority of my Stuff is kept on DropBox anyway and that's how i prefer it because if my phone screws up I've got it saved.

If anything, the Nexus has streamlined my phone experience and in the 3 months I've owned it I've not been left wanting.

Used Waze today on a trip up to Newcastle and thought it was fantastic. Was skeptical as to whether it would be any good, but it was. The routes it gave me were bang on, it took into account any incidents and changed the route, there was a massive accident just outside Newcastle and it rerouted me, the ability to add your own real time events as well is great.

Looks good, nice interface and the images come out nice and sharp... but they come out rotated 90 degrees... If I hold the phone portrait, it saves the photo as if I was holding the camera tilted to the left...

as if it's reading the image from camera sensor sideways lol

Yes there are two versions so does anybody know if I know click to install to my tablet it will charge again?

I have paid for the phone version and I have it installed on my tablet, HP Touchpad running CM9. It works fine, apart from the keyboard looking a bit stretched when in landscape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom