Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the US it's incredibly popular, really nice to see such a fantastic app like Waze draw in a community and provide genuinely helpful information immediately and make that decision between being jammed or slipping past all the congestion.

A few parts i really like. The usage in the uk now means on the major roads in the south usually you will get advanced warning of incidents. The routing is pretty much right and if it does a mistake like a turning i like the fact that i can and do get home and edit the map myself. The ability to send a person like the wife a link when i am running late or have a long journey also works well and they can then follow you on a pc.

But it is a community app and the more who use it the better it is so any one using the phone to act as a car nav should try it. Always have it in the car makes journeys far more interesting

Last edited:
I've been using AutoGuard Blackbox for the last few days and it seems to do a good job. On my S3 though it doesn't stay in the background all the time as it wakes the display when saving files. Also the phone does get a bit hot.

I would agree, the integration and ease of finding destinations means I prefer Google Nav.

Last week I tapped an address and used Waze to open it. I honestly couldn't tell where it thought I was or where it wanted me to go. I switched to Google Nav and could tell instantly... don't know why that was :?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom