Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a Firefox add-on called Phony, it sets it to whatever other user agent you want permenantly. There's an option in Chrome to set it as desktop as well but that always reverts back to mobile after you close the browser.

I don't like dolphin the UI sucks and the bookmarks don't sync with chrome or Firefox. Firefox is slow and shows no dialog box when you click a link eg when it's not sure what you clicked.

Chrome kills battery and the bookmarks need to be in a more accessible place.

So yeah we need a better browser.

But can you set them per site?

E.g. Use Android user agent for bbc.co.uk but Desktop user agent for hotmail.com

As far as I know, nope :(. Would be great though. I'm sure for Firefox you can do some kind of addon for this.

I don't like dolphin the UI sucks and the bookmarks don't sync with chrome or Firefox. Firefox is slow and shows no dialog box when you click a link eg when it's not sure what you clicked.

Chrome kills battery and the bookmarks need to be in a more accessible place.

So yeah we need a better browser.

Pretty much agree with this, each browser has their own positive side, but then everything else feels pretty poor. I feel the tablet UI on some of these also needs to be more desktopy like as well, having it like the mobile but stretched out just feels silly.

Not sure if this has been covered but for whatever reason Google don't give permission for Channel Islands to purchase apps - does anyone know if there is a way around this please?

Presumably it would be a similar way around as purchasing US apps in the UK (but don't know how to do that either).

Emailed Google and they were less than helpful - in this day and age I find it unbelievable they do this!

I always find it interesting that Google are the ones that automatically get blamed in these scenarios, like when Google Music wasn't available in the UK. As if Google don't want to sell things to people.

Firefox working supremely here. Just the odd font size issue on the forums with some threads but nothing else is a problem.

Dude I tried Firefox last year and didn't like it, read your above post so thought I'll give it another go and got the beta whacked on some addons and it's brill ta!

Dude I tried Firefox last year and didn't like it, read your above post so thought I'll give it another go and got the beta whacked on some addons and it's brill ta!

going to give it a go thank you. Text size is still all over the place for the forums. pretty much like chrome. Will play some more though.

Google music on my phone isnt updating with the last 30 or so songs i've uploaded in the past week. They are all appearing just fine on the web player though. The 'refresh music' in the app settings does nothing.

Que?

Has anybody else noticed a change in Google Maps/Navigation in the past 2-3 weeks?

My spoken directions are now by a male who not only is too quiet but has rubbish pronunciation in comparison with the female I was listening to before!

Anybody know if there is a setting to switch?
I did install then uninstall Waze (another satnav), could this have overwritten the voice commands?

I think i was the same at the start but now i wouldn't go back. I like the fact that when i go along the map pulls back so can see more and as i approach directions it refocuses. The traffic data is very neat but is reliant on input. However something i really like, last night it tried to send me the wrong way down a one way street. Got home, went to the editor and corrected the road. No other users will now hit that issue, i don't think there is anything comparable on the market that could react that quickly.

The only thing it could do with is lane handling which Co pilot does but never been caught by this issue, just would be nice.

I have a pretty good car sat nav (accord) but i now use waze over that.

I've been trying to use Waze, it totally failed though, simply took me to the wrong place having taken me down a dead end that it thought I could drive through. I had to switch to Google Nav to find my destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom