Essential Android Apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to use Waze, it totally failed though, simply took me to the wrong place having taken me down a dead end that it thought I could drive through. I had to switch to Google Nav to find my destination.

Depending how much you are concerned you could either report that as an issue within the app and one of the community team could sort it out or i could give you the link that you could use to correct it. I would do it but unless you are in the south i am still a junior editor so can only edit within a mile of my journeys. When you go into the editor you can see all of the journeys you have done with waze.

On a totally unrelated note anyone else got super hexagon and what's your score. Mine are

Hexagon 21.50
Heagoner 15.38
Hexagonest 6.16

The last one is insane, stupidly elated when i broke 6 lol

Give me the link please and I'll take a look. I tried to do it in app and it really wasn't clear what was going on tbh.

The link isn't obvious as there is one for the US and one for other countries and one for us which is:

https://world.waze.com/livemap/

If you look in the live map you will see a update map, you click that then you can then either click on drives to follow a drive you did (it is quyite scary as all your drives will be on there :) ). Or peruse the map. I would suggest watching there intro video which will give you an idea what is going on. From the sound of it you have a similar issue to one that was on our road. I can't remember if there was a road in my case in which case you have to remove the road and then add two roads. Names of roads aren't critical. Also the lines are the navs roads - not the roads if that makes sense. A long as you don't actually save you can't do any harm - I think there is a demo mode where you can play and not worry about the save but can't see that.

Note on the live map if you left click anywhere you get a choice to report a problem so if it does prove complex then you can just report it via that

Personally I find this stuff quite fascinating but can understand others not seeing the point when there are other sat navs around.

** re in the app, on the bottom right of the tears click that bottom left corner of the grid click map issue and then just type your issue under general map issue - appreciated impossible whilst you are driving. What that does is put an alert on the editor above which anyone who is in the editor can then look at and resolve. So even level 1 editors like us can peruse the map and amend where it is within our areas (1 mile from drives)

*** another aspect I hadn't appreciated, if your drive isn't shown it is because when you closed the app it didn't have a signal to upload it. The drive/points etc occur at the end of the drive when you switch it off

Last edited:
Not sure if this has been covered but for whatever reason Google don't give permission for Channel Islands to purchase apps - does anyone know if there is a way around this please?

Presumably it would be a similar way around as purchasing US apps in the UK (but don't know how to do that either).

Emailed Google and they were less than helpful - in this day and age I find it unbelievable they do this!
Not sure but look at TunnelBear you get 500mb per month free so easy to try

On a totally unrelated note anyone else got super hexagon and what's your score. Mine are

Hexagon 21.50
Heagoner 15.38
Hexagonest 6.16

The last one is insane, stupidly elated when i broke 6 lol

hexagon 96.12
hexagoner 62.46
hexagonest 22.13
-hardester 41.20
-hardestest 26.52
-hexagonist LOCKED

It's a tough but addictive game, I can't unlock the last one.

I'm having real trouble loading custom roms on my Note 2 - it's definitely rooted, but when I reboot into ClockworkMod, the blue text gives me no option to backup. I wipe the phone & cache, then load the rom zip on my sdcard, but after a short while I get something alng the lines of (E: registration failed). This occurred with both Wanamlite & Omega.

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Need a bit of help guys.

I'm in hospital and I have am few films on my Samsung s 2 but I want to watch them on my nexus 7 that has have with me as well. I'm not 100% but I remember reading that you can't send a file that's 700 mb, can I do it with a app or will I have to split it up
I can't test for myself because the nexus needs charging.

Thanks for the help

Just come across this photo app from a friends recommendation

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.almalence.hdr

It works by taking 3 pictures and then merging all 3 to give a picture with much more depth than you would expect. The free one is perfectly fine or you can pay a little for one with a few more features (which I did once I had used this!)

I used that a year or more back. These days it's built in to most stock camera's as an option.

You got me thinking. Checked the n4's hdr option and it is better than basic photo but doesn't match this app. But the n4 doesn't do the 3 picture merge. It could be why the n4's camers is viewed poorly against it's competitors

You got me thinking. Checked the n4's hdr option and it is better than basic photo but doesn't match this app. But the n4 doesn't do the 3 picture merge. It could be why the n4's camers is viewed poorly against it's competitors

I just gave the app a quick test and found the opposite, I thought the stock camera performed better. I'll keep trying it though and see how it goes

Need a bit of help guys.

I'm in hospital and I have am few films on my Samsung s 2 but I want to watch them on my nexus 7 that has have with me as well. I'm not 100% but I remember reading that you can't send a file that's 700 mb, can I do it with a app or will I have to split it up
I can't test for myself because the nexus needs charging.

Thanks for the help

I've got 2 movies of 1.2Gb+ on my Nex 7 at the moment!!... They transferred over no problems in one lump!! :)

No. In for a few week I think. The wife doesn't have a clue. So using a pc isn't possible. Might have to cut it up on my phone. It's not like I don't have time ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom