• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA Warrany Trouble!

Really sounds like I'm EVGA bashing when I'm not intending it to be such. I guess I'm more cynical of a company stepping up only after receiving pressure, when if this thread didn't exist the OP would still be out a card and potentially £150 to get it repaired.

The way it has been resolved only really restores the status quo he assumed he would have in the first place.
No offense, but let's say IF the card DID arrive damaged (physically), can you name one graphic card company that will honour the warranty no question asked?

If I was in a business, and received return goods from customers which already physically damage when it arrived, I wouldn't pay out of my own pocket to fix something that's clearly which I'm not liable for. If I replace every single piece of return that's been damaged by someone other than myself (or my staff), I'm pretty such I would go out of business in no time at all. Remember what happened to BFG after people abusing their RMA?

No offense, but let's say IF the card DID arrive damaged (physically), can you name one graphic card company that will honour the warranty no question asked?

If I was in a business, and received return goods from customers which already physically damage when it arrived, I wouldn't pay out of my own pocket to fix something that's clearly which I'm not liable for. If I replace every single piece of return that's been damaged by someone other than myself (or my staff), I'm pretty such I would go out of business in no time at all. Remember what happened to BFG after people abusing their RMA?

Look at the box, and look at the corner of the card though, seems dodgy to me.

Look at the box, and look at the corner of the card though, seems dodgy to me.
I said the same thing...but consider the OP didn't mention, and EVGA only shown the picture of the large brown box, I have to wonder if OP just put the bare card inside that large box, rather than in the original graphic card box before putting it inside the large box. If it is bare card in that large box, I doubt it's gonna be enough to protect it no matter how much bubble-pack are used, as it is possible for the card to slip to touching the edge of the box, and get damaged that way.

They've had their grilling, responded with much generosity. Who knows what happened to that card. End of the day, a great GFX company proved that it can live upto expectations with looking after it's customer base. Glad you got it sorted Rob, enjoy the new card

That box looks really battered and tatty, unless it was how it originally looked.

Also that little hole on the side, it looks like it's going inwards not outwards. Surely if the card had hit it from the inside the hole would be shaped outwards.

No idea who would be to blame here as there isn't any before pictures and any of the card's packaging before it being sent.

However I highly doubt the OP would have got anywhere with EVGA without this thread.

Hate to say this, but I think this applies to companies in general. I still remember OcUK's Intel "Magic Ball" incidents :p

I'll agree with you on that one. Just as a customer might have a bad RMA with a company there'll be lots of others who have good ones with them so it's a sort of 'find one that suits you' thing.

It is true though (said earlier in the thread) that I wouldn't ever see other companies come and respond to such threads and try to sort out the problem so that is a bonus for them.

I am absolutely dreading having to deal with XFX. Well, I'm not, because XFX simply won't deal with you and leave the middle man to do their bloody dirty work.

I've dealt with XFX directly regarding a 6870. Ended up sending it back to where i bought it from for a refund though....

THankfully only had to deal with OCUK, PNY and Gigabyte.

Never had 1 issue, without wishing to restart the EVGA flaming, I look at that box and think, the 460 is a very small object inside that - however battered, I dont see how it would have damaged the card - it looks acceptable to me, does look very much like a card drop.

Best customer services I have had is with Antec, bought an Antec P180 case, delivered perfectly from ocuk, I then dropped the damm thing and broke the front panel completly.
Explained the issue to Antec and offered to pay for replacement, Antec shipped me out a brand new front panel for free, Credits to Antec for that.

Credits to EVGA for the turn around, however it did take a threat of bad publicity from a large PC based forum.

Andy acting like his opinion is fact, what?

Although, if the GPU was just put in that brown box, urgh..

I always double box, I have my brown box, and then inside the GPU's usual packaging (With the box)

This won't be the first, or the last time a thread has been used to get a company to do something, happens all the time, will continue to happen.

Back
Top Bottom