Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Apparently there will be 13 bills related to Brexit that need to go through the HoC. The House of Lords are going to be a huge problem now because the government doesn't have a majority. I cannot see how it can work at all.
Labour will back most of the Brexit bills like they did with Article 50, JC has said he's not going to stand in the way.

Soldato
crispin blunt bids to take jeremy hunts place in the rhyming slang dictionary

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...n-blunt-conservatives-exit-poll-a7781216.html

the best way to rally the voting public is to call them idiots........... have these Etonian spit roasters not learnt anything from the failed EU referendum campaign ? Say what you will about Corbyn, but he spent his time wisely, didn't patronise people, call them idiots, terrorists, retards, and just focused on selling his message. Whether it is full of unicorns and rainbows is irrelevant. Gove, Boris et al sold unicorn for Brexit and that came home. It was up to May to either show empirically that Labour were selling unicorns or for her to prove that she was a credible leader with a plan. She chose to get personal instead and she paid the price. She has to eat humble pie and side with terrorists now so she can push her authoritarian wet dream and run through dem wheat fields. I predict a Tory collapse if there is another GE this year.

Soldato
Is that right? (genuine question)

I know Sinn Fein are, abortion aside, reasonable progressive. But I understand if you're a DUP voter that Sinn Fein would be beyond the pale. Is there not a progressive Unionist party?

there is, the pup, and the tuv is the more extreme version, the basics are you've got unionist supporting (dup and it's sub-parties), republican supporting (sinn fein) and a couple of minor parties like alliance and yes even ukip.

simple fact is people in ni don't want sinn fein, so voting for the dup is the de-facto "keep them out" vote. what it ends up being is stormount amounting to a poo flinging match with people disagreeing with each other on principle rather than the topic itself.

shame really, if they could set aside their differences and agree more often on things that would be beneficial for all sides we'd really be doing well.

Caporegime
This interview!

It's like she's rebooted into safe mode without networking and she's just running brexitmeansbrexit.sh, stablegovernment.sh and bestbrexitdeal.sh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom