Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
From what shes saying, she sounds like a small c conservative. Essentially saying that the manifesto and campaign was out of touch. I certainly agree.

When she first won her seat she went knives out for the public sector in Cambridgeshire, since then she's scaled back significantly and I think she can see that the current Tory rhetoric isn't playing with the electorate as a whole. I've got a lot of respect for politicians who watch, listen and learn and then adjust their course accordingly without the need to betray their core beliefs entirely or seem to flip flop.

Centrist, compassionate Tory. It's a shame so much of the party is so far removed from her.

Absolutely, she's the kind of politician we need on both sides of the fence. It's not just about policy, it's about the kind of person you are and how you connect with the electorate. At the end of the day one of the biggest things that people want from politicians is to genuinely feel like they care about their issues and that they are being listened to.

Caporegime
Is that right? (genuine question)

I know Sinn Fein are, abortion aside, reasonable progressive. But I understand if you're a DUP voter that Sinn Fein would be beyond the pale. Is there not a progressive Unionist party?

Its rather sad isnt it, considering how much nicer the Republic is.

Soldato
This. It shows that she is putting her own interests above what is best for the nation.

She needs to go.

There are only three solutions to this current Parliamentary mess:

1. The Tories working with the DUP. Nobody else will work with them.

2. Labour working with the SNP, Lib Dems, Plaid, and the DUP (the Greens being optional).

3. Another election.

The DUP won't work with Labour if Corbyn is in charge. So that actually just leaves options 1 & 3. Option 3 is basically "Public, you got it wrong. Go back and have another go".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom