Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Not at all, but I would be interested to hear an honest account as to the potential fallout of this deal.

Consider if Labour was propped up by Sinn Féin, would you view that as a betrayal of the neutrality of Northern Ireland?.
I really don't know. Our groverment is on the blink of collapse Before this as SF won't sit down unless they get their way.

In general I think this will be good for N.Ireland as the DUP can now push for lower corporate tax, investments for new businesses and better budgets also make mainland take more of the burden from Leaving the EU.

They're a bit regressive, no?
Well I can't really denied that. They are mostly Free Presbyterians but some of the comments on here are ridiculous.

Soldato
It will work to keep our nation safe and secure by delivering the change that I set out following the appalling attacks in Manchester and London.

That desire to pry and monitor and control never really leaves us I suppose. Hopefully she realises she has got much bigger fish to fry and stops trying to trash our civil liberties. Or just gets booted before she can act on it, more than she already has at least.

Caporegime
Why is Cornyn staying on? He lost.
Why is surgeon still swimming? She lost
They all lost..

Group harikari?

Well no thats simplifying it too much.

Corbyn gained when he should have lost in almost everyone's eyes, even gained in Scotland much to the amazement of SLAB who tried their damndest to lose. Sturgeon well, i dunno, its hardly surprising losing seats after only not gaining the remaining 3 in the country, it was bound to go down as the Tories made inroads to the leave voters/fishermen/farmers etc.

May called an election on the grounds that she would atleast be above Corbyn by 10% (if we ignore the silliness of 20%), after saying multiple times she definitely would not call one right before negotiations with Bernier and company were to begin. This is all after the referendum's silliness itself which seemingly made Cameron jump ship to focus on his champagne swilling and to laugh at the lower classes.

Yeah, i don't know why shes still there.

Man of Honour
Just remember, the lib dems or the snp, or even labour could have chosen to discuss working in the national interest with the only party capable of forming a government.

They have the option of offering an alternative to the dup. They just aren't.

Soldato
Wouldn't the same thing have happened, albeit for the other side, if Corbyn had become PM?

no, because Sinn Fein wouldn't be able to prop Labour up as they don't actually attend, the DUP are too looney right for Labour to go anywhere near.
This interview!

It's like she's rebooted into safe mode without networking and she's just running brexitmeansbrexit.sh, stablegovernment.sh and bestbrexitdeal.sh

someone needs to get in to her basecode and update the autoexec.bat and config.sys files

Caporegime
Just remember, the lib dems or the snp, or even labour could have chosen to discuss working in the national interest with the only party capable of forming a government.

They have the option of offering an alternative to the dup. They just aren't.

They don't have enough between them do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom