Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I think its even more telling that non of the big Tories have piped up yet even in defence of May and the result.

Plotting or holding their tongues while May plans her new cabinet?

Soldato
Doesn't make a difference - Con/DUP still have a parliamentary majority.

But its very dependent on her pro EU members not throwing the dummy out the pram and derailing everything. There are probably some in Labour that don't share Corbyn's vision of Brexit though either since many Labour supporters voted Brexit and want controls on immigration to curb competition in the jobs market.

Associate
My local MP is Heidi. I voted Labour but would happily vote for Heidi if she wasn't also weighed down by May's baggage. Very outspoken and from what I've seen pretty moderate, fair, and open handed. Keep an eye on her in the future, she could go far.

From what shes saying, she sounds like a small c conservative. Essentially saying that the manifesto and campaign was out of touch. I certainly agree.

Soldato
This. It shows that she is putting her own interests above what is best for the nation.

She needs to go.

The alternative being?

Labour + LD ~273 seats. LD says they will not work with any other party in government and may hold out for their 2nd referendum.
Labour + SNP ~297 seats. SNP would hold Labour to their nationalist demands, at least as onerous as the DUP.

Greens would add one seat to either option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom