Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Terrorist supporting past? Like Thatcher and Pinochet?

Like the DUP and Loyalist groups!

Did I miss your post condemning May getting into bed with the DUP?

clearly - unlike you I'm not a massive hypocrite :p

Perhaps because Corbyn never supported terrorists?

ROFL.... yeah and the DUP are totes innocent in that regard too... in fact the interview linked to earlier they took the same Corbyn approach even of condemning all violence and refusing to be drawn to condemning specific groups :D

Soldato
Yes, a magnificent effort to finish with their third worst result in the last thirty years.

Talk it down all you like, but when the prediction and expectation was a massive Tory landslide, I'd say it was a pretty good effort. But yes "magnificent" would be overselling it because ultimately they didn't win or even come close to being able to form a coalition.

But bear in mind that Labour's share in the vote was around 40% nationally and 50%+ in some places such as London, which is the highest it's been since the 1970s. Same goes for the Tories too of course, 2 party politics is clearly back in fashion.

Soldato
if that is the case, then Tories need to start by getting rid of May as she is the biggest liability they have. Then they need to get a moderate leader in, so that discounts the usual suspects taht are waiting in the wings as they are all rabid leave the EU at all costs type. Then they need to change their policies to more centre / left leaning which would completely alienate their entire core support.

May is running damage control which is why is going to cling to power with that unholy alliance with the DUP because she knows if they go to the polls again this year the Tories are finished.

they have to trash everything and basically plagiarize a lot of what Labour were going to do if they even want to hope of capturing any youngling support.
I agree. A new fresh leader is needed

Soldato
She's given an interview and still unable to give an answer to the question asked.says sorry to those who lost seats then just rearranges the words for the next 2 answers as well.

Obviously not learned or interested in listening. Just ignore it and it might go away.

Soldato
She's given an interview and still unable to give an answer to the question asked.says sorry to those who lost seats then just rearranges the words for the next 2 answers as well.

Obviously not learned or interested in listening. Just ignore it and it might go away.
Sounds like her Brexit strategy.

Soldato
Junckers and Tusk are going to bleed May real quiet and stick her broken body in a dumpster somewhere in Brussels. She has just handed over any kind of leverage she might had by showing that she has no control of even her own country now. This could turn out to be a real Shakespearean tragedy for all of us.

Soldato
Anyone linking the DUP with terrorists is talking pure and utter ******** and they know it.

While they are a bit odd they are nothing compared to SF.

Soldato
Anyone linking the DUP with terrorists is talking pure and utter ******** and they know it.

While they are a bit odd they are nothing compared to SF.

A bit odd.................. that doesn't even begin to describe their backwards religion driven bigotry. If they were of ethnic extraction you would be calling them muslims such is their religious bigotry

Soldato
I'm curious, what does this do to the tories desire to bring back grammar schools? Are we going to see that old waste of money thrown in the trash?

EDIT: Eurgh, i said trash. I meant bin. Too many american TV shows.

Man of Honour
No, it won't, what will happen is another round of labour getting into power with a younger moderate leader, they will be centre ground for as long as the extreme left allow it, then they will start turning the screws like they did with Blair.

Then they will cast into the wilderness again and the cycle will continue.

This if it went that way - the change people want to see won't happen under Tories or Labour.

Soldato
I'm curious, what does this do to the tories desire to bring back grammar schools? Are we going to see that old waste of money thrown in the trash?

they can try and if the DUP back them on a policy that impacts England then they are finished. The grammar school unicorn will have its horn cut off now

All the senior cabinet ministers have kept their jobs, she's lost all her power. She is utterly ******.

Hunt and Hammond get to breathe another few days, they must be happy

Soldato

The deluded mrs May seems to think it is business as usual I assume she will bribe the DUP so they can push through her craziest policies!

Soldato
The deluded mrs May seems to think it is business as usual I assume she will bribe the DUP so they can push through her craziest policies!

how do you feel about the DUP making the call on policies that would impact say England only but not have any impact in NI ? May has lost control and every day she stays with her new chums from the DUP will be further erosion of Tory support. She is going to get fully wrecked when the next election rolls in around the end of this year start of next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom