Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I wonder if in fact is what she alludes by "reflecting" on the result. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her go next week, in a controlled manner (if there is any vestige of "control" at present).

I honestly though only half seriously thought we might have seen Boris as PM by this time today heh.

I have to say that the vicar's daughters I have known have been both very flexible and not at all straight laced, but that's a story for an entirely different sort of publication ;) I believe there's a song about the gender flipped version.

But, yes, I agree with your assessment. May lacks the flexibility for this kind of situation.

You tend to get two sorts of Vicar's daughters - they either buy deeply into what they've brought up with or go overboard the other way rebelliously.

V F

V F

Soldato
Unless this includes recanting A50 and/or a fresh EU referendum I seriously doubt Lib Dems will be remotely interested.

I wonder if in fact is what she alludes by "reflecting" on the result. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see her go next week, in a controlled manner (if there is any vestige of "control" at present).

It is terrible I now read A50 as Astro 50 these days. :p

Associate
how do you feel about the DUP making the call on policies that would impact say England only but not have any impact in NI ? May has lost control and every day she stays with her new chums from the DUP will be further erosion of Tory support. She is going to get fully wrecked when the next election rolls in around the end of this year start of next.
The Conservatives have a majority in England unless you think it's ok for the SNP to oppose policies only impacting England. I can't see this government lasting though as May will have to go and the new leader will want a mandate.

Soldato
I'll be surprised if there is another election within 2 years - if things look shaky they'll scalp May and stick someone in who can shore up things with the heavy hitters.

that still doesn't give them a true overall majority though, and while brexit related things will likely just sail through other key policies for the actual running of this country will not and that is why there will be another election sooner that everyone is thinking.

Mobster
Soldato
I honestly though only half seriously thought we might have seen Boris as PM by this time today heh.

You tend to get two sorts of Vicar's daughters - they either buy deeply into what they've brought up with or go overboard the other way rebelliously.

He was the favourite on Betfair for a few minutes there.

I can't see Boris winning an election for the Tories though. They really are damaged goods at this point.

Man of Honour
Bad election all round really.

May still PM
Cabinet mostly the same
Tory party weakened
DUP can stick their oar in (and are a bit dodgy to say the least)
Corbyn has done fairly well but ultimately fallen short
The country is more divided than ever

They (Boris and co) really need to find a way to get rid of May sooner rather than later. If they don't or can't, then we'll no doubt end up bumbling through Brexit negotiations and plodding on...

Mobster
Soldato
Bad election all round really.

May still PM
Cabinet mostly the same
Tory party weakened
DUP can stick their oar in (and are a bit dodgy to say the least)
Corbyn has done fairly well but ultimately fallen short
The country is more divided than ever

They (Boris and co) really need to find a way to get rid of May sooner rather than later. If they don't or can't, then we'll no doubt end up bumbling through Brexit negotiations and plodding on...

I don't think it will take a lot to get a vote of no confidence passed and then Labour get a go.

Soldato
I don't think it will take a lot to get a vote of no confidence passed and then Labour get a go.
Labour would immediately get wiped out if they did that. No unionist Irish seats will support them. At this point it is impossible for labour. There is however a possibility May could fail to pass the Queen's speech in parliament. That would open the door to Corbyn which would immediately also fail. That could trigger a new election with a new leader.

Soldato
Sorry been offline all day, have we pointed out the irony of slating JC for ties to Irish extremists yet TM can shack up with Irish extremists and seemingly avoid grief?

Permabanned
The fallout from Labour and the remainers here is so tasty.

Fallout? I voted for corbyn expecting horrible election results so I'm extremely happy about what he got considering the past year of him ridiculed by the media. I want him to stay on as leader.

I think... As posted before... That many people are starting to see May as weak and by shacking up with the terrorist sympathisers aka DUP it makes her past campaigning look even more stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom