Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I don't buy it. The conservative MPs would need to sign it off first.

And if we are really dealing with a ruling party who let advisors write their entire manifesto with no input from elected officials, its very damaging for democracy.

Labour consulted with MPs, unions, members etc

If you happen to spill your tea, fire the tea boy! after-all it's their fault you had the tea in the first place, even though they made it exactly the way you like it and had nothing to do with you having butter fingers!

Associate
I expect that having turned out en-masse this time and still lost the youth vote will revert to hiding under the covers and leaving it to somebody else again. Millennials can't be seen to be anything but winners.

Associate
Corbyn looks almost like a protest vote by some, like he was voted for because people knew he had no chance of winning. If he had a realistic chance I think a lot of people would sober up and realise they were voting for someone that is going to bankrupt us.

Associate
What could anyone young see in the tories and may ?

You only have to seee the couple of young Tory boys commenting on Tv...

This is not what the youth of the uk are like.

Ironically Labour brought in the tuition fees that the young Labour voters want scrapped. Corbyn is over promising and would have under delivered.

Caporegime
Corbyn looks almost like a protest vote by some, like he was voted for because people knew he had no chance of winning. If he had a realistic chance I think a lot of people would sober up and realise they were voting for someone that is going to bankrupt us.

An audience member on QT tried to suggest this and got laughed into silence by not just the audience but everyone on the panel.

Ironically Labour brought in the tuition fees that the young Labour voters want scrapped. Corbyn is over promising and would have under delivered.

Brought in at a fairly sensible level with a cap of £3000 a year or something.

I wasn't in favour of labour scrapping fees altogether either as I think long term that will affect the level of education those going to university will receive and encourage people to do degrees that aren't very worthwhile.

Soldato
thats it - sack the two unknown advisers and blame it all on them

= problem solved - back to strong and stable now!

as daily mail witch on QT was selling - "oh well what can you do, carry on no changes needed"

"labour just got votes because they bribed young people with free tuition"

"labour are ruining everything by doing to well in the election"

"Tories will beat corbyn by 50-100 seats
Tories lose 13 seats
"ah well he didn't win so he is still a clown" :rolleyes:

Soldato
The DUP want to make it legal to discriminate against anyone from the LGBT community.
The DUP want children to be taught creationism as scientific fact.
The DUP want no woman to have access to any type of abortion, and furthermore criminalise anyone offering or seeking that service.
The DUP want to bring back the death penalty

UK politics, 2017.

Soldato
She should go too, she's obviously part of the problem..
Indeed
May has to take responsibility as well.

Are they seriously suggesting the manifesto was only draw up by those two advisors with no involvement from any MP's?

May parroting "Strong and stable" for 7 weeks in interviews was so nothingy.

The whole election was a built around the personality of Teresa May, and she doesn't have one.
Exactly, do they really expect the public to swallow that? It wasnt us it was just them two, hahaha, laughable drivel of the highest order, I just enjoy watching the fallout, the crying and the ******** lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom