Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Basically, it's a shambles at this stage to enter Brexit negotiations in my opinion. Theresa May's team is an utter joke, and her position is the laughing stock of Europe going into these negotiations. If I were Europe, I would not believe a single word she says at the negotiating table. How can she and her team even plausibly negotiate after such a shambolic campaign? No way do I want her anywhere near the negotiating table for Brexit - she is a total liability.

Soldato
It's ironic that so many people complain about the UK heading towards being taken over by a backwards set of laws involving persecution of homophobia, lack of women's rights, strong religious influences and general archaic values, and so vote Tory/hard Brexit to stop the immigration which is bringing people with those values into the country... And then we end up with the DUP :p

Soldato
Laws in the US and Canada allow for the outrageous behaviour you see from these "lefties" or whatever other term you wish to use, it's nowhere near that level in UK education yet.

Any evidence people are being turned away from jobs because they're seen as flakes or is it not just because the US has always put a bigger emphasis on the university you attend when it comes to employment. I don't even know how you could turn everyone away from certain universities because you feel they would all be flakes but hey the US would never surprise me.

Simple. They look at their CV/application. See what uni they just came out of and if it's one of those with a bad reputation for "lefty activism", skip to the next.

Mobster
Soldato
So apparently when May goes to deliver her queen's speech, I have heard on social media (not necessarily reliable I know) that potentially 60 or so Tory mps may get up and sit with Labour. It is probably nonsense, but stranger things have happened. And to be quite honest, if they do, I think that would be a good thing. Maybe we do need a change. Maybe we do need a collaborative alliance to sort this mess out, and to sort out the Brexit negotiations properly. In WW2 there was an a Tory-Labour coalition Government, and Churchill appointed Labour mps in his Cabinet because it was the right thing to do at the time in the situation the country faced. We face similar turbulent and uncertain times, and perhaps it isn't such a far fetched proposal who knows?

If that happens though, Labour get a chance to form a minority Government, no?

Suspended
Really not looking good for her -

"Meanwhile pressure continues to grow on the Prime Minister's position with almost two thirds of Conservative Party members believing that she should resign and trigger a leadership contest.

A snap survey conducted by the Conservative Home website revealed that 60 per cent of party members believe Mrs May should quit while just 37 per cent of the 1,500 members who took part said she should stay in post."

Associate
Oh you're such a comedian.

This is just the start of Labours resurgence. They we never going to cut through the deutrius in the press and Tory lies about Corbyns leadership ability and Labours fiscal credentials enough to win the GE outright. Now people have started to wake up, the next GE is where it's at.

You must be the comedian if you think limping along for 5 years with an ineffective leader like Corbyn and a PLP that derides you is 'where it is at'. The guy couldn't come closer than Gordon Brown at winning an election. The country is in trouble with no effective opposition and Corbyn should do what is best for the party and step aside.

Caporegime
Cameron was arrogant about the referendum

May was arrogant about the Tory landslide victory

Both so drunk with arrogance...they have not only destroyed their Tory party but reversed the UK into the dark ages...

Soldato
If that happens though, Labour get a chance to form a minority Government, no?

Possibly. But I would have expected the 60 or so mps who side with Labour would want some coalition deal of sorts and part in the cabinet as well. Basically it hasn't been done before in this way, especially recent years, so it's anyone's guess really.

Associate
The Labour Party has changed in the last 24 hours...there is more support for Corbyn than ever .

He has got no chance of winning a general election. All of the stupid t-shirts and saying 'absolute boy' won't change that. He is preaching to the choir there, he needs to capture the centrists and even his own MPs who don't like his ideas.

Soldato
They can't win an election without the centrists vote and they won't get that vote under Corbyn. He's destroying the Labour party from within with his hubris

Hubris is calling a referendum/election and then losing it. What Corbyn is displaying is ever-increasing confidence.

I've voted for the Lib Dems in the past and probably would again in this election if I hadn't been in a marginal. I guess that makes me a centrist. I'll definitely be voting for Corbyn next time. There's a few of Labour policies that I disagree with but I've been impressed by his positive and inclusive campaign. He's obviously not the joke that some thought.

And, quite frankly, the more the Daily Mail/Sun/Express attack him, the more I like him.

Associate
This DUP thing is being hyped up too much. The DUP aren't going to be pushing to influence mainland policy. They don't care about how policy is shaped on the mainland. They're an exclusively Northern Irish Party.

Associate
And you can't see why they are positive about this? Are you blinded by blue?

There is a difference between a positive result and crowing like they've just got in to No 10. They lost, and can't form a Government.

Instead, we have this for the forseable from the likes of the SWP.

protest-downing-street-election-964271.jpg

Amazing the impact of #fakenews from blogs like thecanary ... I guess its okay when its supports your POV, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom