Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Find myself not entirely sure what to do. The constituency I live in, Halton, has been a Labour safe seat since it's creation when the boundaries were redrawn in the 80's, and before that the last time another party won the seat for the town, Widnes, was during the 1930's. The incumbent MP, Derek Twigg who's seeking re-election has been our MP since 1997, and last time around in 2015, he won by a 'margin' of about 20,000. (IIRC, he netted 28,000 votes to his nearest rival's 8,000)

The choice I seem to have is to either join in in an utter 'roflstomping' of the other candidates, or throw my vote away by voting for anyone other than Twigg. The other party's seem to realise this too, the only campaigning I've seen has been from Labour, and a rather weak campaign on Facebook by an independent, which seems to comprise him being widely trolled by Labour voters and abused for splitting the vote.

If you don't agree with any of the main parties, research what the lesser known candidates stand for and vote for one of them so they can get closer to getting their £500 deposit back. A candidate needs 5% of the vote for that seat to get their deposit back.

I don't think I have ever had a candidate I voted for win in an election.....that's how True Blue it is around here, hence I might even vote for the MRLP just for the reasons Steeps said, so they might get their deposit back

I did not think it was possible for the BBC World news to get any more dumbed down but they have, with images, shown us plebs exactly what we need to do once we step inside a voting booth.

I don't think I have ever had a candidate I voted for win in an election.....that's how True Blue it is around here, hence I might even vote for the MRLP just for the reasons Steeps said, so they might get their deposit back
I would be voting for MRLP if they had a candidate here, but they don't unfortunately :(

I'm probably already on a few, I work in software development; given Theresa May's apparent understanding of technology, that's basically a synonym for "terrorist" :p

Polling station was deserted when I went in

I don't understand technology. Things I don't understand are scary. Scary things are bad and I would like them to go away so I can go back to being happy Theresa. I wish I had the power to do something abo......oh hang on!

I probably would have preferred to have gone this morning but I'm half way to the train station when the polling station opens so not really an option. Also if I go tonight I can have a cheeky pint and claim that there were queues. Democracy!

I did not think it was possible for the BBC World news to get any more dumbed down but they have, with images, shown us plebs exactly what we need to do once we step inside a voting booth.

SOme people need it. Saw a discussion on FB last night with a 31 year woman voting for the first time in her life and asking how you do it. The advice she was getting wasnt brilliant either and got spoilt when a Tory activist came on and told her she should be voting for the Tories because of x and y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom