Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Conservatives to remain in power but with a marginally reduced majority, that's my prediction.

No chance in Labour getting a majority imo.

Although in a slightly twisted way a Labour / SNP coalition could potentially work if the condition was to take Scottish independence off the table.

Especially since support for independence will inevitably rise off the back of yet another (worse) tory government, Sturgeon loves this.

Depressing. Stand by for more cuts, more tax rises, less police, more austerity. All whilst being told it's good for us.
Who in their right minds would vote for that.

You could quite easily list a few labour party negatives or false statements and say who in their right minds would vote for that. There's little point concerning yourself in such a way that you try and belittle other peoples voting choice.

You could quite easily list a few labour party negatives or false statements and say who in their right minds would vote for that. There's little point concerning yourself in such a way that you try and belittle other peoples voting choice.

Doesnt matter, ill personally sit in glee as they cant get a bed in their local hospital (if it even still exists) and that their local police is too busy in London.

Especially since support for independence will inevitably rise off the back of yet another (worse) tory government, Sturgeon loves this.

Sturgeon must be rubbing her hands in glee. Westminster lead Tory hard righ government with hard brexit would likely be more than enough to swing the indy vote her way if they get another indy ref. It will be a dirty campaign where the closing notes would be it can't get any worse if we go alone and i'd imagine a lot of people / enough to win will agree. If anyoen who lives north of p'boro thinks a May governemnt will do anything to improve your lot in life, then you are fooling yourself. The next 2 + years for her will be spent on shoring up london and cutting an awful deal with the EU to keep financial services here, because she knows that if they go this country is back in the poor house more so than it already will be.

I predict Conservatives will get a majority of 60+ with Labour losing -30 or so seats with Jezbolah resigning on Friday.

e2a - With so much hand-wringing on social media. These young un's don't seem to accept a loosing vote too well.

Some people are just hysterical, not realising Labour will make a mess of things - seems like people have seen through their fanciful plans.

Some people are just hysterical, not realising Labour will make a mess of things - seems like people have seen through their fanciful plans.
Not hysterical at all, I started work under a Thatcher government and they all screw things up. This Con government is going to be far right, which doesn't fill me with glee.They will get crucified once they've screwed up brexit, but of course will have done a huge amount of damage to public services before they go.

I predict Conservatives will get a majority of 60+ with Labour losing -30 or so seats with Jezbolah resigning on Friday.

I don't see Jeremy resigning. Not unless there's someone with less baggage lined up to take his place. Win or lose, the Labour campaign team are going to see this election as a success.

Compared to 2005, 2010, and 2015, the part has energy. It's enthusiastic about itself. Ed Miliband almost seemed ashamed to be a Labour politician at times.

And Labour knows it basically has 2022 in the bag. Mind you it'll be too late to save a lot of the country by then, so not much to rule over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom