Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Corbyn does do significantly better than he was expected to (not predicting a win, but a respectable result bucking the prediction of the doomsday seers) then I hope the party have a period of introspection and start asking themselves what they could have achieved if they had accepted the will of the members and got behind their candidate from the beginning.

that won't happen either. The PLP will go full retard and say he failed, now get him out.

Does anyone know the actual amount of Swing States as Americans call them, so Swing Boroughs.
I mean basically where I live and I'm sure where many do live there are strongholds, mine being in the south is majorly Tory, by 10k+ votes. I would find it interesting to see which areas fluctuate and can potentionally win it.

Prediction : Sunderland to be first and that it's Labour.

Does http://www.politicsresources.net/area/uk/mps-maj.htm help?

You cannot fail to lead your party to victory in a GE and still cling on to power because you did better than your critics expected. That is ridiculous. The point of leading a party is to get victories, not defeats of any kind.

I actually could see him trying to cling onto power as the man has absolutely no honour, but if he did so, the Labour party would tear itself apart. Which actually might not be such a bad outcome now I think about it.

Look at it the other way. He has lead his party from an almost certain whitewash, collapse to almost being the 3rd party in the country to given the Tories a close run. A lot fo people would see that as a positive move.

One thing is for sure, if it hadnt been for him and his speeches/interviews I am sure they would have been down to around 100 seats. Hes been the main positive reason for their vote increasing.

I find the the fact that I live in a country where 46%(ish) of its population are willing to put a self loathing, country hating piece of right wing authoritarian trash like Mayinto power, quite nauseating.

Fixed that for you. Which is why maybe 35% of the country prefer Corbyn.

that won't happen either. The PLP will go full retard and say he failed, now get him out.

I fully expect you to be proven right. Absolute madness, especially given that a further 5 years of Tory rule is likely to prime the populace for a different approach, just a shame that the Labour party would rather inch ever closer to their rivals than actually work to effect change.

Doesnt matter, ill personally sit in glee as they cant get a bed in their local hospital (if it even still exists) and that their local police is too busy in London.

My dad at York hospital has had incredible care, he's been there 4 months now.
Next time i'm walking through the corridors, i'll send you a picture of all the spare beds lined up at the side. :)

I don't think Corbyn will resign if he loses - there's no obvious left-wing successor for him. John McDonnell possibly, but he has the same baggage problems as Corbyn. None of the MPs who support him who have been promoted into shadow cabinet positions have stood out as stars - to the extent that he's been forced to promote an MP who voted against him as Diane Abbot's "temporary" replacement. Whoever Corbyn backs as his successor will be certain to win thanks to Corbyn's Youth movement - Momentum.

*Returns from Polling station*
What an absolutely depressing state British politics is in. Something needs to change; perhaps the Electoral Commission could regulate some of the utter tripe emitted from all parties during campaigns.

As an aside, under the MAGNIFICENT guidance of the tories, the UK has fallen to bottom (excl Ireland, Malta and Luxemburg who havent reported yet) of the EU GDP growth for Q1 2017.
Unless I'm reading that wrong the chart is pointless without previous figures. As it's growth Q on Q for all we know the UK may have grown by ONE MEEEELLLION Percent in Q4 2016 outstiping everyone else by a country mile so the Q1 2017 is understandably smaller.

Next time i'm walking through the corridors, i'll send you a picture of all the spare beds lined up at the side. :)

York and surround area is hardly small, still i think long term gleefulness. It will happen some day.

At which point he'll either stand for the leadership again and be re-elected, possibly with a larger majority than the last two times he's won that contest. Or, he'll stand aside in favour of an heir, who will win the contest in a landslide.

Unless today is a huge Labour rout, the direction of the party isn't going to change. On the ground, many activists seem positive. Maybe they live in a bubble? The only way they'll accept that though is if Labour receive a thrashing.

I don't think Corbyn will resign if he loses - there's no obvious left-wing successor for him. John McDonnell possibly, but he has the same baggage problems as Corbyn. None of the MPs who support him who have been promoted into shadow cabinet positions have stood out as stars - to the extent that he's been forced to promote an MP who voted against him as Diane Abbot's "temporary" replacement. Whoever Corbyn backs as his successor will be certain to win thanks to Corbyn's Youth movement - Momentum.

Hilary Benn?

That's someone i could listen to.

Empty beds mean nothing. You need the staff to go with them. Thats why they are empty, not that there arent sick people needing them. When my lass last went into Hospital she had to wait 9 hours on a trolley in corridor for a bed to be ready. When it was, there were still 12 empty beds on the ward she went to so clearly the issue wasnt the fact the bed had somebody in it.

Hilary Benn?

That's someone i could listen to.
Not left-wing enough for Corbyn.

To clarify, there are plenty of Labour MPs who are perfectly capable of being a competent leader of their party, but Corbyn won't want any of them to succeed him because they don't follow his looney-left ideology. For Corbyn to retire he needs to be able to recommend someone who agrees with him, and who doesn't have the baggage he does - supporting terrorists etc.

Not left-wing enough for Corbyn.

To clarify, there are plenty of Labour MPs who are perfectly capable of being a competent leader of their party, but Corbyn won't want any of them to succeed him because they don't follow his looney-left ideology. For Corbyn to retire he needs to be able to recommend someone who agrees with him, and who doesn't have the baggage he does - supporting terrorists etc.

May supports terrorists more by actively killing the police force and then indirectly killing everyone she could have saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom