Poll: Exit Poll: UK General Election 2017 - Results discussion and OcUK Exit Poll - Closing 8th July

Exit poll: Who did you vote for?

• Conservatives

Votes: 302 27.5%
  • Labour

Votes: 577 52.6%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 104 9.5%
  • Green

Votes: 13 1.2%
  • UKIP

Votes: 19 1.7%
  • Scottish National Party

Votes: 30 2.7%
  • Plaid Cymru

Votes: 6 0.5%
  • Other

Votes: 46 4.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant see why he would resign, that would be an astonishing success for him bearing in mind when the GE was called they were polling about 100 to 120 seats and looking like they could drop sub 100 and be wiped off the face of the map.

You cannot fail to lead your party to victory in a GE and still cling on to power because you did better than your critics expected. That is ridiculous. The point of leading a party is to get victories, not defeats of any kind.

I actually could see him trying to cling onto power as the man has absolutely no honour, but if he did so, the Labour party would tear itself apart. Which actually might not be such a bad outcome now I think about it.

Ahh yeah, because ideas like internet control and slashing human rights is your idea of a liberal minded party?

Nor the fact that she's doing the typical one many party motivated slogans/policies where only she can deliver... not her party, just her.

This is literally Rudd right now, http://research.calvin.edu/german-propaganda-archive/angrif16.htm

As I said earlier, hysterics.

We don't know that.

It's pretty likely, he's rather extreme but has mellowed a bit so people take him more seriously.

As an aside, under the MAGNIFICENT guidance of the tories, the UK has fallen to bottom (excl Ireland, Malta and Luxemburg who havent reported yet) of the EU GDP growth for Q1 2017.

DByCAz0XoAAj3vO.png

As an aside, under the MAGNIFICENT guidance of the tories, the UK has fallen to bottom (excl Ireland, Malta and Luxemburg who havent reported yet) of the EU GDP growth for Q1 2017.

Context please, you can't have the growth changes without the actual rates of growth?

Maybe growth of 2016 means UK is actually already growing well and hence limit change is due to 'strong & stable' :p

Does anyone know the actual amount of Swing States as Americans call them, so Swing Boroughs.
I mean basically where I live and I'm sure where many do live there are strongholds, mine being in the south is majorly Tory, by 10k+ votes. I would find it interesting to see which areas fluctuate and can potentionally win it.

Prediction : Sunderland to be first and that it's Labour.

I have a feeling when I wake up tomorrow, I'll be annoyed to hear corbyn got in.

maybe in a parallel universe, but not in this one mate.

May will either get the same slim majority or a modest increase of 20. The only thing that would really swing it for labour is if there is a 90%+ turnout for 18-25 year olds of which 70%+ of them all vote labour. I can't see that ever happening.

I have a feeling when I wake up tomorrow, I'll be annoyed to hear corbyn got in.

It would be quite the result considering the Labour party was close to imploding over Corbyn before the election was called (quite a few people appear to have forgotten Labour were really on the brink a couple of months ago) The whole thing seems to have ended up being an almighty Tory own goal.

Does anyone know the actual amount of Swing States as Americans call them, so Swing Boroughs.
I mean basically where I live and I'm sure where many do live there are strongholds, mine being in the south is majorly Tory, by 10k+ votes. I would find it interesting to see which areas fluctuate and can potentionally win it.

Prediction : Sunderland to be first and that it's Labour.

well they got to be first at something considering how shocking their footy team is........... :D

It would be quite the result considering the Labour party was close to imploding over Corbyn before the election was called (quite a few people appear to have forgotten Labour were really on the brink a couple of months ago) The whole thing seems to have ended up being an almighty Tory own goal.

Makes you wonder what could have happened if Labour MPs had actually got behind their leader, rather than sabotaging him at every turn. They were catching the Tories in the polls until that vote of no confidence nonsense.

If Corbyn does do significantly better than he was expected to (not predicting a win, but a respectable result bucking the prediction of the doomsday seers) then I hope the party have a period of introspection and start asking themselves what they could have achieved if they had accepted the will of the members and got behind their candidate from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom