F1 2009 Season discussion/development thread

Man of Honour
Looks naff :(. As it makes the cars look tiny. the actual shape doesn't look bad at all. Although maybe that's just the shot.

When are we going to get a come back to technological advancement of f1. Or are those days gone and we are slowly merging down to a same car race series.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure, so I'm going to guess.

With the new fragile semi-auto gearbox and a stiff(?) 640 chassis the vibrations from the chassis caused the gearbox to break a lot? Hence why there was a lot of retirements.

Had to think about that 1 lol, enlighten me if I got it wrong.
There was no plan B. The monocoque was too narrow to accomodate a manual gearshift and linkage so the semi-auto box HAD to work.

Whether this a deliberate move by John Barnard to ensure the gearbox wasn't ditched or simply him taking advantage of the possibility of a narrower tub is unclear.

Soldato
Very strange that they are going to the effort of testing a front and rear wing package this early on, especially seeing as its on a 2008 car - the aero map won't be at all representative. Plus, I'll put money on their Race 1 wings looking completely different.

Coincidentally I was in the pub with Sam Michael tonight - I didn't quite have the balls to ask him though :p

Soldato
Planning to go up to jerez (prolly 16th December) for the F1 testing, less than an hour's drive from Gibraltar...been a couple of years since i've not seen F1's in the flesh :)

Will (hopefully) be taking a photographer mate (Alex53 on this forum iirc) with me.

Deleted member 11679

D

Deleted member 11679

Liking the new front and rear wing combo, the cars look much better!

Soldato
That would be "some" book.

Given that they both raced in the best team/car for many years, it wouldnt surprise me if things got really intense. The fact remains though, that MS blew Barrichello away. This would've happened with or without Barrichello's co-operation.

In 2005, when Ferrari was struggling, MS was having to operate at a higher level, in order to get results (which even he struggled to get). Barrichello couldnt even get close to this level. That year MS scored 62pts to Barrichello's 38.

And there was no way that in 2005, Barrichello would've been asked to slow down, as Ferrari were fighting for every point they could get their hands on.

It would certainly be one of the more interesting books written by an F1 driver.

Soldato
Well, he made a gamble that by putting it in her name he'd end up ahead tax wise, looks like it's back-fired (unless he has some strongly worded legalese protecting it, but then it would look more to HMRC like concealed income/wealth IMHO).

Associate
No doubt there is a loop hole somewhere which puts him back in control if the split happens.

Meanwhile someone posted these pics on my forum from the Ferrari end of Season party, though I might share them.

*Click to make larger*

I like the last one, its my new desktop background.

Back
Top Bottom