Family dispute incoming

Edit 3: tell the mum you are ****** about the lies and not necessarily end your relationship with your mum and sister but just to say, see u only in Xmas and that's that.

Basically reduce the communication and get together to family gatherings only.

Leave them and get on with your life.

That's what I do. I would be upset that my sibling got a whole house but even more damaging upset about being lied about it.

Detach yourself to the mum and sister and when they come calling you for financial or health related help. Tell them to go do one

You'd lose your Mum over cash? And by the sounds of it the mum has been deceived by sister too.

We had an odd situation where my... step-grandmother(?) outlived my dad. My dad had a mortgage with his new wife, which she was left to deal with, but my step-grandmother didn't want to leave the inheritance to her, so it came to me and my brother... so we just paid off my dad's mortgage with it. Sometimes it doesn't really matter what a will says, you can make things right yourself afterwards.
Thank **** my brother and I said we would rather not got a penny than rip each off.
Seems odd you wouldn't just take option 3 - share the inheritance equally, as a 'normal' family would?

You'd lose your Mum over cash? And by the sounds of it the mum has been deceived by sister too.
Read what I said. It's not about the cash but the lies.

I'd be a bit ****** yes about the cash but more mad about the lies. Why lie about it unless u knew that the thing u are lying about is something you did wrong?

And did I say losing your mum? I said to reduce communication to family gatherings. That's it.

Continued...

Mum was gutted.

She said she'll give me £££££. I said she can't give me her savings, and I won't accept it anyway.

She said she'll have to sell her house, and give me money. Again, I said no as that's just foolish talk.

The will is 50/50, and now my mum has realised that my sister has already benefited. She's not happy and now wants to change her will. I told her to think carefully about that, before doing anything.

It then came up that my sister has a high value item of mum's (>£10k) with all receipts and documentation associated, in her house. She said she wanted to buy it, but no money has changed hands. She's had it for at least six months. My mum has asked her to return it, but she hasn't.

After all that I am fuming. I'm not sure whether this is coercion or whatever but something stinks.

I felt better for having got it out in the open, and my mum said the same, but I feel bad for giving my mum the knowledge.

I told my mum it's up to her if she wants to talk with my sister about it, but I have had enough of her (sister) and see no good coming from talking to her.

Christ knows where this is going to end up.

Just got home, so will ring my mum later to check up on her, after this horrible shock. She seemed OK when I left, but y'know...
So let me get this straight, your sis is the one that instigated all this?

Bro you need to have a go AT HER and afterwords kill off any communication from your sister.

I don't know how she convinced the mother that selling the house would work around a compulsory purchase from the council lmao. Compulsory meaning not optional, selling a property doesn't magically work around a Compulsory purchase.

Sounds to me like your sister's abusing your mother.

Is she that tyoe of person? Personal issues? Drugs? Alcohol? Has she got kids?

If she's of sound mind and is doing this intentionally I'd be going absolutely mental. In fact I'd probaby visit and hide fish all over the house.

I'm actually getting irritated on your mum's behalf here, your sister is clearly a manipulating, lying, piece of ****.

I'd be going for the jugular, do everything for your mum to set things right.

Dunno what your relationship is with your sister but this would be an ender for me.

Check the house isn't listed for sale somewhere, who knows what she's up to.

Because this isn't the forum I would bring this kind of thread to, I'm not surprised at the reaction in the slightest.
Tbh i expected the usual **** take posts as its GD after all but I was quite surprised by the amount of people criticising the OP for having the view that he should be included in the decisions that are made.

Tbh i expected the usual **** take posts as its GD after all but I was quite surprised by the amount of people criticising the OP for having the view that he should be included in the decisions that are made.

I still vote that those people should contact their parents/grandparents and voluntarily cut themselves out of any inheritance ;)

Read what I said. It's not about the cash but the lies.

I'd be a bit ****** yes about the cash but more mad about the lies. Why lie about it unless u knew that the thing u are lying about is something you did wrong?

And did I say losing your mum? I said to reduce communication to family gatherings. That's it.

I think you need to read the whole thread and not skim read. Why would you "reduce communication" with mum? You even say, "not necessarily end your relationship with your mum and sister but just to say, see u only in Xmas and that's that" and "Detach yourself to the mum and sister and when they come calling you for financial or health related help. Tell them to go do one".

If what mum is saying is true, the sister has been manipulating/lying to her. So why would he go "reduce comms" on his mum?! His mum is allegedly the victim in this, mum needs support over been lied to and assistance in sorting this mess out.

ETA: just read your next post where you realise the sister has been a conniving little cow bag :)

Last edited:
I'm actually getting irritated on your mum's behalf here, your sister is clearly a manipulating, lying, piece of ****.

I'd be going for the jugular, do everything for your mum to set things right.

Dunno what your relationship is with your sister but this would be an ender for me.

Check the house isn't listed for sale somewhere, who knows what she's up to.

Main thing is to make sure she can't take advantage of my mum again. Mum's asked me to find a solicitor to demand return of the high value item. I've told my mum to ask nicely first. If she plays silly buggers, it's just going to reinforce what mum's already learned, and it can go legal.

I never thought my sister could be like this. It's a hard lesson to learn.

Christ, what a bloody mess.

Main thing is to make sure she can't take advantage of my mum again. Mum's asked me to find a solicitor to demand return of the high value item. I've told my mum to ask nicely first. If she plays silly buggers, it's just going to reinforce what mum's already learned, and it can go legal.

Good luck, keep us posted. Ignore all the prats in this thread, this is going to have a massive impace on your family.

No need to waste money on a solicitor. If said high value item is not returned after asking, simply get your mum to tell your sister that all remaining assets will be transferred to you in the will instead, the sister will then immediately return the high value item. Simples!

No need to waste money on a solicitor. If said high value item is not returned after asking, simply get your mum to tell your sister that all remaining assets will be transferred to you in the will instead, the sister will then immediately return the high value item. Simples!

The sister's got a house, not sure how high value that item is!

The sister's got a house, not sure how high value that item is!

It sounds as though the mother still has her own home and probably some money as well. Assuming that we are now getting the actual facts of the story (we're not likely to hear direct from the mother or the sister!) the mother could have decided that the sister has essentially had her share up front in the form of the gift of the second house. if so she could state that in writing and create a will leaving her house to the son and splitting everything else 50/50. Or indeed leave everything that she hasn't already given away to the son. Should be a viable solution until the sister talks the mother around again...

Back
Top Bottom