Far Cry 6

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Just finished it and have the same issue, most of the guns are pointless, as are the different ammo types. They seem to have spoiled a lot of the weapons from 3/4/5.

/snip

Whole game felt way too easy on the 'harder' skill level, with it pretty much a guarantee that I'd capture each base without even getting spotted. The 'special forces' didn't appear any more of a challenge than the normal troops, they just had a slightly different noise when I headshotted them.

Enjoyed it despite the usual FC gameplay repetition but they really need to improve NPC ai to make it more of a challenge. Oh and the pointless 3rd person sections in the camps were just weird, why did they do that?

Agree buddy. Very similar experience. I didnt even bother upgrading the backpack for ages, they could have done much better offering less weapons and better customisation on smaller subsets.

Soldato
I quite like using the gas bomb special weapon for the few occasions where you get abunch of enemies in a group. just sit back and watch them kill each other lol!

Soldato

'Hard' setting and that wasn't even rushing things. Once you realise most of the special weapons aren't worth getting you could probably nail the main storyline in c.30h.

Soldato
There is a bullet point in the guidance:

• Next to the HD Texture Pack (>11GB VRAM required) option, select Install

According to this

"Fortunately, DSOGaming’s performance analysis shows that the RTX 3080 and the RTX 2080 Ti can just about handle the HD texture pack when running the game at 1440p resolution"

So I thought I'd ask here what peoples experiences where like.

Last edited:
Soldato
I imagine it will be fine, and you can always turn off HD textures in the options.
I ran it on my rx480 at 1440p lol.. It kinda worked but there was some flashing textures and I suspect freesync was doing some heavy lifting.
Turned the HD textures off though now lol

Caporegime
At 1440p will the HD texture pack run OK on a 3080?

With the latest patch fixing the HD texture loading/rendering issue, yes you can without any issues. You don't even need FSR either and I would advise against using it since it enhances all of TAAs issues thus worsens IQ overall.

Soldato
Just thought I would fire this up and give it a go. I get the small rectangle splash window, then the black screen with the logo rotating bottom right about 3 times then it crashes.
Disabled Overlays
Deleted Launcher Cache
copied bin_plus to bin folder.

Nothing worked.

It used to work as I ran the benchmark a while ago.

Looks like it doesnt work well with Windows 11 :(

Last edited:
Associate
Only time FC6 crashed for me was when I installed Win 11. game would launch, but if you hit escape and opened the menu, then hit escape again to go back to the game it would crash to desktop.

Win 10, not had a single crash.

Soldato
Fixed it.
Deleted the patch.* files from \Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 6\data_final\pc.
Tested game and it worked fine.
Verified files to get the latest update again.
Tested game and works fine.

Looks like it was a failed or corrupt update that caused the issue.

ne0

ne0

Associate
So I've apparently lost about 50 hours of progress in Far Cry 6 as my save doesn't appear to be in the cloud. FML. I was about 75% through the game. Is there any way of using someone else's save file or is that not possible? Far too many other games to play to warrant doing it all again but I wanna finish it :|

Soldato
Its like a very thin version of what made Far Cry really good. Bit like the later years of the X Factor it needs a rest or like another iteration of FIFA with very little changed.

I`m enjoying it but some of it is just annoying. They've tried to spice things up with getting Danny Trejo involved but the PXJ240 or whatever its called special missions where you have to get the weapon back without it overheating just annoy me so I dont do those. Some of the other ones annoy me like the relic missions. Its a lot of rinse and repeat.

Although I've got to the point now where when my threat/heat level is fully red and I get attacked from all sides I end up with a big pile of burnt out vehicles on the road like I used to with Just Cause 2 which is pretty fun.

At least we dont get those stupid have to play dream sequences that were in the previous FC. Seems to be much more "side missions" which dont necessarily drive the story forward but are still ok/fun. A quick 20 minutes play is still turning into 3 hrs later....... so it is gripping me for one more go.

Plus there is still the annoying bugs where when you first start it puts you in a location where you can't move. Like trapped between rocks.

Soldato
I thought it was very similar to assassins creed valhalla. Valhalla being better I would say.
Still an enjoyable game though if you like that sort of game.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I`m enjoying it but some of it is just annoying...but the PXJ240 or whatever its called special missions where you have to get the weapon back without it overheating just annoy me so I dont do those...
A quick 20 minutes play is still turning into 3 hrs later....... so it is gripping me for one more go.

I hated that mission thing, really bad idea. Will return as and when now to have short bursts of fun or they add brand new extras. I completed the Danny T mission on the day it was mistakenly added lol.

Soldato
I hated that mission thing, really bad idea. Will return as and when now to have short bursts of fun or they add brand new extras. I completed the Danny T mission on the day it was mistakenly added lol.

I must have missed that bit, ive pretty much completed teh game aside from teh 'special forces' missions, how to you get it?

Back
Top Bottom