Far Cry 6

Soldato
Had a weird one today, i melee an enemy which then propelled him into the sky not to be seen again.... I literally stood there for a good 30 seconds and he didn't come back down? Wtf! :cry:

Soldato
I just cannot get into this and my main complaint is that the weapons are rubbish. Have gone back to Ghost Recon. Breakpoint and having much fun. Doubt i will go back to Farcry 6.

Soldato
I can believe 60 hours. If your slashing that in half then its almost speed running! :p

Or playing it on easy setting which would be so boring.

I play games on hardest setting so you have to think about how you approach and take an area/defeat the enemy and in FArcry games a sniper rifle also made it too easy. Bow and assault rifle is all I ever use in FC games. FC6 have a bow? Currently playing CP2077 on hardest setting and it took ~12 hrs before you get guns start knocking people down more easily. I dont much like the grind of weapons with ever increasing damage with ever harder foe to steer the game. Dvision 2 was the same, 100's of bullets in the face for a kill is just silly. FC games and ghost recon games have this right with all weapons available, just need to earn the money.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Did you have it on easymode or something? I purposely don't use instagib guns and overpowered loot otherwise its not even a challenge.

Or playing it on easy setting which would be so boring.

I think we agree then. Whilst I dont explore every nook and cranny these days in quests/games, I feel speed running or easy mode would be unrewarding. Also cant take people's impression/opinion to be genuine when they don't give a game a chance. Like my buddy up the road who played 6 hours of Valhalla then says "Odyssey was better" - even though he probably sunk 80+ hours in the latter, not a comparison really.

ne0

ne0

Associate
OK so I had a break from playing for a couple of weeks, came back, updated with new patch and now I can't even launch the game.

I've tried verifying files, checked everything is up to date, etc, etc but now I'm at a loss as to why it won't launch.

I'm on Windows 11 but it was fine on Windows 11 before this patch so I don't think that's the problem.

Can anyone help???

Soldato
OK so I had a break from playing for a couple of weeks, came back, updated with new patch and now I can't even launch the game.

I've tried verifying files, checked everything is up to date, etc, etc but now I'm at a loss as to why it won't launch.

I'm on Windows 11 but it was fine on Windows 11 before this patch so I don't think that's the problem.

Can anyone help???

Because it's a buggy POS? When first installed it ran like a dream, now its broken. I can launch the game but it usually crashes an hour in also pixelated rain is quite common. Oh and NPC's getting in the way is so frustrating that idiot NPC that drops the car off and stands in the way of the car door....

ne0

ne0

Associate
Because it's a buggy POS? When first installed it ran like a dream, now its broken. I can launch the game but it usually crashes an hour in also pixelated rain is quite common. Oh and NPC's getting in the way is so frustrating that idiot NPC that drops the car off and stands in the way of the car door....

Yeah it's bad. I have like 50 hours in the game, was really enjoying it. Now I just can't play it? I've tried all the advice. Talk about frustrating.

Associate
after reading the comments on this page Far Cry 6 can go to bottom of pile again for a few months.

It's a game that you pick up on special for like 10-15 quid; and I'd suggest waiting anyway as the game needs patching, although I don't see that correcting gameplay issues.

Soldato
No game today is worth full MSRP unless you want to be a beta tester.

As Mesai says, when it's half price or less it'll worth playing, as that'll be about as optimised as it's gonna get.

Just playing CP2077 now. <£18 on GOG.

Soldato
It's a game that you pick up on special for like 10-15 quid; and I'd suggest waiting anyway as the game needs patching, although I don't see that correcting gameplay issues.

I got it free with my CPU. So usually give games I really want to play about 6 months to be patched. :)

Agree some turds like Just Cause 4 cant be polished no matter what patching takes place.

Associate

100% this. BF2042 is another one where I can't believe people payed full price for it - I played the beta and you could tell that it wouldn't be much better by release; development takes time. That being said, if you have the money and don't care about fuelling this trend, go for it.

Probably the only game I'd buy at full price is a PlayStation Studio game, given their track record for releasing finished games.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

As Mesai says, when it's half price or less it'll worth playing, as that'll be about as optimised as it's gonna get.

Just playing CP2077 now. <£18 on GOG.

This. It maybe the norm for console purchases to suck up the full price, but on PC I am happy to wait for a drop. Most releases need a few months to settle and hotfix problems which coincides with a nice price drop or three!

Soldato
Anyone got a solution as to why I am suddenly having this issue, I have verified files but that did not resolve it?
Uq41dPL.png

EDIT:
Got rid of that issue now it crashes on launch, good thing I was not enjoying the game anyway.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom