Far Cry 6

Soldato
Apart from your 3060ti FE compared to my 1600 Super you've got pretty much the same system as me. Have you tried the benchmarking tool? What FPS scores do you get there?
Thanks mate! The benchmark on Medium is good, Ultra obviously bombs - but I'd expect that.

Disabling Uplay/Ubisoft connect? - a lot of threads online about that...

Soldato
Nah, it was that...

1.jpg

Soldato
Disabling HD Textures appears to have fixed it, no more lag... I'm also on Ultra settings now :cool:
Nice one. I wouldn't have tried HD textures with my 1660 Super. The game did say something about needing 12GB of VRAM to use the HD settings and I think your 3060ti FE has 8GB? So it would have been hard to get HD textures running and a nice smooth FPS with 2/3 of the VRAM you needed.

Soldato
Disabling HD Textures appears to have fixed it, no more lag... I'm also on Ultra settings now :cool:
Yeah you need 12GB GPU or higher for the 4K texture pack. @tommybhoy :cry::o

You can play it for a bit on max settings, but it will trip over, matter of time before it collapses.

Nv recommends setting adaptive resolution to 30 fps on the 3080@4K in FC6, I'm getting 'advised' there's a problem my end/cpu wasnt good enough.

Was changing from 3700X to 5800X anyway, still doesn't work.

Was told to add another 16gb ram, so added 16gb from my other 3070 rig, still doesn't work.

Despite what devs, Nv advise, latest from the forum experts is my 3080's needing sent back as its broke with max settings on FC6.:p

Caporegime
You can play it for a bit on max settings, but it will trip over, matter of time before it collapses.

Nv recommends setting adaptive resolution to 30 fps on the 3080@4K in FC6, I'm getting 'advised' there's a problem my end/cpu wasnt good enough.

Was told to add another 16gb ram, so added 16gb from my other 3070 rig, still doesn't work.

Despite what devs, Nv advise, latest from the forum experts is my 3080's needing sent back as its broke with max settings on FC6.:p
You tried adding more memory and that didn't work either? Not a surprise, since I know Gerard had already tried that with his 3080 and it still happened.

Caporegime

Is this still happening even when you're using 1440p with FSR and "NO" hd texture pack with 32GB RAM too?

If so, I would put a post over on the ubi forums in one of the many threads on FPS drops where 3090 users are also stating the same:

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/top...-for-your-issue-updated-23-02-2022?lang=en-GB

Not sure why you are using what nvidia GFE recommends either? It has been widely reported how inaccurate that and AMDs "recommended" settings/specs are....

PS. For record, I don't think I ever said CPU was the main issue? I think people only stated that you would be held back by performance given how much the game loves single threaded performance (and how nvidias scheduling is **** with older/weaker cpus).... Based on my usage as well as several others from this forum, our findings came down to the RAM usage increase with the patch.

Only other things I can think of, which "might" make a difference:

- I'm on w11, are you?
- is the RAM running in dual rank mode and not single rank? Use cpuz to confirm this

EDIT:

- nvme drive?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

Nice one. I wouldn't have tried HD textures with my 1660 Super. The game did say something about needing 12GB of VRAM to use the HD settings and I think your 3060ti FE has 8GB? So it would have been hard to get HD textures running and a nice smooth FPS with 2/3 of the VRAM you needed.

Apparently (users that would not accept this before) in some shuffles the game is broken, its never a hardware issue! Its not really the hardware's fault as stated many a time, do not install the pack as you need 12Gb vram. The experience you described is what happens when you run into problems after mismanagement of vram occurs. Denial is not a river in Egypt! :cry:

Caporegime
Apparently (users that would not accept this before) in some shuffles the game is broken, its never a hardware issue! Its not really the hardware's fault as stated many a time, do not install the pack as you need 12Gb vram. The experience you described is what happens when you run into problems after mismanagement of vram occurs. Denial is not a river in Egypt! :cry:

And yet again, still nothing of substance :cry:

I'm not surprised slipd was having issues with 8GB VRAM, out of interest @slipd what res. are you running at? Did you try FSR?

Caporegime
For the record, FC6 ran just fine on my 3090 @tommybhoy, It was just 15%+ slower than my 6900 XT at the same settings.

No crashes or stuttering on either GPU, but then again both did meet the minimum requirements (12GB+) for the 4K texture pack, so not surprising I guess.

Caporegime
For the record, FC6 ran just fine on my 3090 @tommybhoy, It was just 15%+ slower than my 6900 XT at the same settings.

No crashes or stuttering on either GPU, but then again both did meet the minimum requirements (12GB+) for the 4K texture pack, so not surprising I guess.

Yet in your YT comments:

In this game, the 6900 XT is faster and smoother as you move around the open world. There are less frame time spikes on the 6900 XT. I intend to put up a longer gameplay video of the 3090 running Far Cry 6.

Which is it? :p ;) :D

3090 defo has quite a few more spikes in the benchmark frametime graph there and not nearly as flat as the 6900xt, 3090 must need more vram.... :cry:

Would be interested in seeing gameplay footage from the 3090 as you, I and others including tech sites have reported, the benchmark isn't a great indication of actual performance.

EDIT:

Also, some rebar on and off testing would be good if you still have the 3090.

Caporegime
Yet in your YT comments:

Which is it? :p ;) :D

Would be interested in seeing gameplay footage from the 3090 as you, I and others including tech sites have reported, the benchmark isn't a great indication of actual performance.
There is less spikes in frame time but they happen on both GPUs, it's just the nature of the game engine as you move around the world. The main thing is, there is no crashing, stuttering and drops to single digit FPS.

I play a lot of FC6, and the benchmark is actually a decent representation of FPS as you move through the open world and the average represents a typical FPS number you would expect to see when you take the highs and lows into account. The main thing you need to do with FC6 is keeping FPS above 60 at all times, as you can really feel drops to or below 60.
Cant always apologise for hardware.. maybe @tommybhoy needs to upgrade something as its got to be his system that's lacking. Right?
Only one area, of one hardware component could be lacking. Wonder what it could be? :eek:

Caporegime
There is less spikes in frame time but they happen on both GPUs, it's just the nature of the game engine as you move around the world. The main thing is, there is no crashing, stuttering and drops to single digit FPS.

I play a lot of FC6, and the benchmark is actually a decent representation of FPS as you move through the open world and the average represents a typical FPS number you would expect to see when you take the highs and lows into account. The main thing you need to do with FC6 is keeping FPS above 60 at all times, as you can really feel drops to or below 60.

Only one area, of one hardware component could be lacking. Wonder what it could be? :eek:

They must have fixed/improved the benchmark since release time then.

Shame I don't have ubisoft connect anymore to upload more footage, if/when the game ever drops to <£10 and there is some worthwhile content to play, I'll pick it up then.

Soldato
Yep, completely my fault... I think you're asked when installing if you want the HD Textures pack - I think I just said yes.

I've got it running as sweet as now, all Ultra etc. I think I have got it set but is there a specific RT setting in options for this title?

Caporegime
Yep, completely my fault... I think you're asked when installing if you want the HD Textures pack - I think I just said yes.

I've got it running as sweet as now, all Ultra etc. I think I have got it set but is there a specific RT setting in options for this title?
Look at the video posted above, settings shown at the start including the two RT options for reflections and shadows.

Back
Top Bottom