Far Cry 6

Soldato
I liked FC6.

But I am playing Far Cry Primal and in survivor mode, it might just be ever better. And even graphically it still looks great.
I skipped it originally because the prehistoric setting did not appeal to me, but it was a mistake, this is great.

farcryprimalscreensho40jyt.png

farcryprimalscreenshopqkxb.png

Soldato
Sounds better than FC5 - is it?
I liked FC5 too.
Primal on survivor is just different. More difficult, immersive..but there are no guns or vehicles, less character interaction.
But it is more satisfying to me, like mechanics (various tools and upgrades) matter lot more.

Caporegime
I liked FC5 too.
Primal on survivor is just different. More difficult, immersive..but there are no guns or vehicles, less character interaction.
But it is more satisfying to me, like mechanics (various tools and upgrades) matter lot more.
Interesting. I skipped Primal for the exact same reason as you, but maybe I might have to take a look at it.

Associate
Primal is my favourite of all the Far Cry games as it was not the same old boring run and gun in different environments, glad they tried something different and I'd love to see another game like Primal.

Soldato
Interesting. I skipped Primal for the exact same reason as you, but maybe I might have to take a look at it.

Yeah. Like no guns? No cars? No cities? Why would I wanna play this?

Turns out...it has its own stuff going for it. That purely natural landscape with great soundscape has interesting atmosphere. It is interesting to see how people lived without technology. It is fun as hell to run around enemy camp and smash heads with a club. There is no minimap, no compass, and map has thorough fog of war, so you know exactly where you have been and where not. It is nice to see your tribe village grow throughout the game.

I have 22 hours in Primal so far and still having fun (and I paid 5 euros for it). But at the same time, I hope it will not be as long as FC6. I played that for 60 hours and the last 20 I wanted it to be over.

Oh and Primal has benchmark. I am playing it in 4K ultra at 60fps - zero issues.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Only really just started playing this, rig is sig, but I'm getting massive fps drops and seemingly random times? I quickly had a Google and was overwhelmed, fast... I'm assuming the performance issues are well documented :(

I've tried everything on Med/High - same result.

Thoughts?

Soldato
Apart from your 3060ti FE compared to my 1600 Super you've got pretty much the same system as me. Have you tried the benchmarking tool? What FPS scores do you get there?

Back
Top Bottom