US: Fear the Walking Dead

Soldato
I don't really know what people were expecting. It was never going to be guns and explosions from the off.

It was a subtle build up, but I think ep2 onwards should start ramping up.

Soldato
I thought it was great, of course it was going to be a 'slow' introduction, it's introducing the characters, setting the scene etc. not all mass zombie outbreak from the start.

Looking forward to the rest of the season!

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I don't really know what people were expecting. It was never going to be guns and explosions from the off.

It was a subtle build up, but I think ep2 onwards should start ramping up.

Totally agree. It was a little slow but they had to introduce the characters, set the scene, the tone and slowly ramp it up.

Still enjoyed it and not jumping into "oh it's boring camp" if you expect the horde wait for TWD new season.

Personally I enjoy the outbreak and the breakdown of society and civilisation.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Thought it was quite good, these zombies seem harder to kill though?

Yeah - fresh corpses where the bodies would be hardier, stronger and a little quicker than the decomposed, rotting walkers that Rick's crew encounters.

Man of Honour
I guess you can also look at it from the perspective that people aren't as "used" to dealing with them so not as efficient at putting them down.

Soldato
That was brilliant, slow to start with but you can see it all unfolding. The junkie kid played the role perfectly. Is he mad? tripping? it was great.

Soldato
I came on here expecting to see far more people who felt like I do. I thought the editing and direction did not feel like a high profile show. It felt a bit cheap and although I think the characters were ok it felt a bit cliché how they were introduced.

I think it will get better but it somehow felt a bit lightweight and low budget. Also I hope we actually get a nice opening credit sequence like the walking dead has.

Soldato
Why? Its supposed to be taking place before the pandemic takes hold, so life would be normal for the vast majority of people. Doing it this way we get to see how the family and the rest of the world is affected as the zombies start to get noticed right through to full blown zombie apocalypse.

The zombie craze has already peaked ages ago, so they need to find a different angle, a straight forward copy of TWD would be a waste of time. Because of the way we were just dumped into the zombie apocalypse with TWD, there is a lot of interest in how it unfolded, more of a back story and FTWD is an opportunity do tell that story.

Man of Honour
Forgive me for not reading a single post in this topic, as I haven't watch the first ep yet, but I'm wondering how TWD watchers would rate it in comparison to that show? Better or worse? Sure, we only have a single episode, but its a 90 minute one.

Back
Top Bottom