US: Fear the Walking Dead

Man of Honour
Heh, from the context of the show though a couple of people get shot then suddenly people are protesting which leads to a full blown riot of random violence for little apparent reason, needed a bit more building up really though I can see what they were going for.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Heh, from the context of the show though a couple of people get shot then suddenly people are protesting which leads to a full blown riot of random violence for little apparent reason, needed a bit more building up really though I can see what they were going for.

It could happen, in the states currently with the Police and some of the American communities the littlest confrontation sparked off violence and then certain people taking advantage of the situation to loot and theft.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think if this didn't have The Walking Dead attached it would flop. The characters are not only boring but I hate them all already, I don't feel like I will ever root for them in the same way you do Rick/Darryl etc. I actually really want to see the Mother die especially, they're all utterly useless flappy idiots.

Soldato
Think if this didn't have The Walking Dead attached it would flop. The characters are not only boring but I hate them all already, I don't feel like I will ever root for them in the same way you do Rick/Darryl etc. I actually really want to see the Mother die especially, they're all utterly useless flappy idiots.

Find that Walking Dead suffers a lot from overacting, Rick just doesn't feel the same as he does in comics. Somehow the latter demonstrates the trauma and purpose behind his decisions a lot more, in the TV series he just seems a little damn deranged at times.

Soldato
no episode this week?

1x1 -- Aug 23, 2015
1x2 -- Aug 30, 2015
1x3 -- Sep 13, 2015
1x4 -- Sep 20, 2015
1x5 -- Sep 27, 2015
1x6 -- Oct 04, 2015

Soldato
Loved the first episode, a real chance to see the build up to the apocalypse and people's slow realisation. I think they got the pace right in the first episode but took a big risk on people liking the initial characters. But it's TWD and people love zombies right now so they know they've got time to bring the audience in slowly.

The junkie son played his character perfectly I thought, definitely conflicted between trip and reality. Personally, II like the characters so far. Have I seen the mum in SoA?

Soldato
Well I enjoyed the show but so many questions.
Oh dear no kids turn up for class today... hmm wonder where they all could be?
No one goes home finds mom is a zombie and legs it phoning police in the meantime.

No slow walking zombies on anyone's mobile phone being passed around school.

Looks like really low budget.

Unless they are implying that everyone is sick in bed

Although drug dealer guy in EP1 wasn't sick at all.

I love these shows but feel let down with the lack of specifics or even thought into how this could happen.

Loved World War Z because the speed of the attack made sense but a slow build up doesn't really make sense.

Like the rest of you would love to see them getting taken out.

Disappointed to read they only made 6, of course it was going to be a big hit.

Last edited:
Soldato
Loved World War Z because the speed of the attack made sense but a slow build up doesn't really make sense.

they were very fast moving though, more like the "sprinting dead".

makes sense that an outbreak would be slow to spread, it'll gradually snowball the more people are infected.

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
Although drug dealer guy in EP1 wasn't sick at all.

If you follow the regular TWD series it already explained. Included it for you but careful spoilers if you have not seen the original series.

warning TWD spoilers
Everyone alive is already infected. If you die naturally you still turn

Disappointed to read they only made 6, of course it was going to be a big hit.

Don't worry season 2 already confirmed and coming. :cool:

Soldato
My first stop would be a gun shop, everything else would come after!

Everyone else would have the same idea. I think it even said that in the last episode. Along with pharmacies. I'd want to get some ventolin inhalers as without them i'm ****ed.

I was very disappointed in the mother for not warning the people across the road having the kids party :(. I take it at the end it was the mother of the kids being attacked? So the kids will still be inside the house and she just stands in front of the door to stop her daughter going to help? I don't buy that once civilisation starts to break down that everyone would just become heartless and only out for themselves. I know that under any circumstances I would lay down my life to save a child, or at least do everything I could to save them. Found that a bit sad tbh.

Soldato
Fuel, pharmacies, FOOD, weapons but this would be challenging in UK ;) We'd be screwed :( I think USA are secretly preparing for the apocalypse..

Back
Top Bottom